Senior Manager, Global Project Management
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
The Senior Manager of Project Management in the GPPM organization is responsible for managing cross functional drug development teams and sub-teams to achieve key strategic objectives and deliver development milestones.
Our Global Portfolio and Project Management Organisation (GPPM) has a critical role to play in advancing our pipeline and delivering Growth Through Innovation by closely partnering with Research & Development (R&D) and business leaders to support decision-making, resource allocation, project management, and governance across our combined Oncology and BioPharmaceuticals portfolio.
What you´ll do
Depending on the stage of development and project complexity, the Senior Manager of Project Management will work on one or more cross-functional drug development teams. The Senior Manager of Project Management is accountable for ensuring that the team operates in a way that represents best practice for project management within AstraZeneca. Stage and project complexity will define to what extent the Senior Manager of Project Management will work with other Project Managers to drive project delivery.
This position plays a highly visible, critical role in successfully delivering innovative medicines through the drug development process to patients
Cross-functional Team Leadership and Delivery
- Drives efficient operation of early stage project teams including overall plans, priorities, budget and risk management.
- Accountable for driving an effective, efficient team environment and helps the team leader to build a cohesive, high performing team.
- Facilitates project teams and sub-teams towards successful issue resolution and decision making in majority of situations. Focuses the team on the right activities at the right time directing them to deliver on the integrated project plan.
Project Strategic Alignment
- Provides input into the project strategy & vision through expertise in project management, execution and governance
- Ensures alignment of the project and operational deliverables to the team's strategy
- Ensures appropriate linkages between project strategy and key internal processes (TA strategy, TA prioritization, corporate scorecard)
Governance and Investment Decisions
- Facilitates team towards effective governance decisions including being responsible for leading development of investment decision documentation
- Integrates and provides information to both the team and senior management / governance bodies that allows efficient (timely and informed) decision making
Planning, Monitoring and Delivery
- Ensures that overall team deliverables, budgets, schedules, and performance standards are realistically set, governance approved and attained, and that the project effectively fulfils all business reporting requirements.
- Maintains plans of the highest data quality, accountable for all Project Management deliverables associated with project team(s) covered
- Seeks opportunities to drive positive change and remove barriers within and outside the team.
- Champions company best practices.
- Uses business knowledge to drive cross functional and cross-project learning.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific or technical drug development subject, or requisite drug development experience
- Experience supporting cross-functional drug development teams or leading sub-teams
- Project Management experience with successful track record of delivering projects within agreed time, quality and cost.
- Ability to manage high performing teams, and establishing effective team operations
- Experience with project management tools and processes.
- Ability to work effectively with senior stakeholders
- Previous accountability of high quality information on complex drug projects
- Strong information management skills including use of modern IM tools such as SharePoint, Microsoft Teams and OneNote
- Ability to understand complex scientific data
- Advanced degree in a scientific discipline and / or MBA
- In-depth knowledge of drug development process including experience leading cross functional drug development teams
- Project Management (PMP) Certification
- Knowledge of respiratory and inflammation therapy area
- Experience with PLANIT