Scientist II, Process R&D
- Experience Level
Our employees are able to develop their careers in exciting new medical technologies, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica’s Process R&D team consists of experienced scientists and engineers that have extensive expertise in all aspects of upstream and downstream development. PR&D take processes from the laboratory “bench” scale and apply process expertise and engineering fundamentals for delivery to Manufacturing.
We are currently recruiting for a Scientist II to join the team. The purpose of this role is to undertake basic scientific duties which contribute to the smooth running of the scientific teams within the Process Research & Development department
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Perform multiple laboratory-based assays each week to support upstream and downstream process development activities.
- Contribute to trouble shooting and technical investigations.
- Contribute to both departmental and company initiatives/projects.
- Demonstrate excellent levels of accuracy and quality when carrying out analytical analyses.
- Ensure a high standard of record keeping and documentation of experiments and investigations
- Accountable for own performance in alignment with group objectives and deadlines.
- Familiar with the principles of experimental design and implementation.
- Presentation of scientific data at internal meetings.
- Personally responsible for the completion of tasks in relation to their criticality.
- Joint responsibility for maintenance and compliance of a GxP laboratory area and GxP “housekeeping” procedures.
- Work in accordance with the OXB quality management system.
- Display a high regard for safety and display a high level of good laboratory citizenship
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Educated to a minimum of BSc Degree in a relevant discipline, or basic experience of working in a related environment
- Laboratory technical experience with desirable experience in cell culture, qPCR, molecular biology and/or HPLC
- Demonstrate competency in performing laboratory tasks and general experimental procedures.
- Practical understanding of how own area of operation relates to the overall business of OXB.
- Trained to operate equipment in accordance with OXB procedures and requirements.
- Understanding of laboratory health and safety requirements
- Competency in data capture reporting and management systems e.g. PatentSafe and archiving.
- Have some knowledge of the literature in defined project area.
- Understanding of the overall research programme in your group but will need guidance from more senior scientists.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements e.g. GMP, GLP, GCP and/or Validation and Quality Management systems.
- Understanding of the Quality management reporting structure/responsibilities within OXB.
- Familiar with the regulatory requirements for analytical work (e.g. product specifications, stability testing guidelines etc).
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives.
No agencies please