Real World Data Scientist
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Our global pharmaceutical client has a vacancy for a Real-World Data Scientist, based in Basel.
Our client is looking for applicants based in Switzerland/EU.
12-month full-time initial contract. Homework initially.
As a (SENIOR) DATA SCIENTIST within our Personalized HealthCare function you will work with meaningful data to generate impactful evidence and insights on our molecules/medicines and patients, that support R&D, advance scientific and medical knowledge, and enable personalized patient care and access. This position will primarily focus on leading the Real-World Data Strategy and Projects to support programs across therapeutic areas (oncology and non-oncology).
The perfect candidate is someone with between 2 to 4 years of experience within Real World Data. This person should have industry experience (in pharma or large CRO), have run studies and done comparative effectiveness research.
The ideal candidate has an epidemiology education, statistics can also be considered –given they have had the right experience in RWD.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Identify evidence needs & recommend data solutions.
- Develop data strategy & gain access to data: Develop strategic plans to access fit-for-purpose data sources to support evidence generation, and gain access to data through collaboration or data generation.
• Dive into data: Develop a comprehensive and deep understanding of the data we work with and foster learning with colleagues using analytical tools and applications to broaden data accessibility and advance our proficiency/efficiency in understanding and using the data appropriately.
The team is quite large and very diverse. As always, the soft skills are very important: They need someone flexible, open minded and that can be autonomous/work independently. The position covers Oncology & Neuroscience but there is no need for a specific experience in both, one would be an advantage.
• MSc, PhD in a quantitative data science discipline (e.g., epidemiology or statistics/biostatistics) (****)
• Between 2 to 4 years’ experience in RWD demonstrated track record of developing and execution of data science research projects, patient-level data analyses (e.g., real world data, surveys, clinical trials, registries, claims, genomic or imaging data) with publications and presentations (*****)
• Experience in industry: pharma or large CRO (*****)
• Demonstrated experience with managing project scope and driving delivery in an evolving environment requiring proactivity and effective problem-solving and prioritization when faced with challenges
• Demonstrated strong collaboration skills and excellent communication skills
• Demonstrated entrepreneurial mindset and self-direction, ability to teach others and willingness to learn new techniques
Apply for Real World Data Scientist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly