Medical Affairs Manager - Multi-Indications Cancer (GU/GI)
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Medical Affairs Manager (GU/GI)
Salary: Competitive salary and benefits
At AstraZeneca we believe in the potential of our people, and we'll develop you beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us.
As Medical Affairs Manager (GU/GI Medical Team), you'll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific abilities in making a positive impact on patients' lives. The team you'd be joining is dynamic, forward looking and has an industry leading set of existing and pipeline products.
As a Medical Affairs Manager you will be the clinical specialist delivering medical insight and governance into projects and activities supporting the Business Development and Cornerstone portfolio, in order to meet product and/or Therapy Area objectives, including Due Diligence activities. Act to ensure GCP requirements are fully complied with and in line with the local Quality Management System (QMS) SOP and all other AZ policies and Standards!
Our UK Marketing Company (UKMC) is responsible for the marketing of our medicines in the UK. Here you'll also find colleagues from AstraZeneca's corporate functions and our European and International regions' sales and marketing teams. As a member of the Association of the British Pharmaceutical Industry (ABPI), all of our sales, marketing and communications activities are subject to the ABPI Code of Practice. If you're inspired by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do - join us.
It has been agreed that the UKMC head office will move from Luton to Pancras Square, London in early 2022. This role will be initially based in our Luton office, until this move takes place.
Our move to Pancras Square offers us the strongest possible platform to transform the lives of patients in the UK, as the country's leading biopharmaceutical company. The move will bring the UK Marketing Company closer to customers, partners and stakeholders in the UK's healthcare environment, as well as foster greater collaboration with the wider AZUK footprint.
If encouraged by the possibilities of science to make a difference and ready to discover what you can do by joining us on this exciting journey and believe you can contribute to this strong ambition - join us!Accountabilities
- Be the therapeutic and data specialist on products and projects as defined in support of key Business Development and/or Cornerstone initiatives.
- Add contribution to the development and execution of Medical Plans and/or Due Diligence Assessments to support Business Development and Cornerstone product and project plans, including data gap analysis for label, HTA, local market access and promotional claims.
- Provide authoritative medical opinion into regulatory submissions, including variations and marketing authorisations, to improve the benefit to patient care and the UK business.
- Work with and influence other AZ teams (Payer Evidence, MEC, Global Product teams, clinical operations) on the design and development of clinical study concepts to address key data gaps, against UK/Area product strategy.
- Act as a role model and ensure ethical/professional behaviour and ensure the patient is at the heart of all activities.
- Support the delivery of key existing and emerging Life Cycle initiatives (MC3 etc.) by providing authoritative medical advice and market insight.
- Ensure that AZ UKMC activities follow standards for medical governance and duty of care.
- Drive intelligent compliance through adherence to the ABPI Code of Practice and PAGB Codes as applicable.
- Responsible for medical approval of media and promotional materials and accountable for the defence / challenge of promotional activities for ABPI/PAGB for the Cornerstone portfolio and defined business development products.
- Registered Physician (preferably GMC) or Pharmacist (General Pharmaceutical Council registered).
- Extensive patient and customer insight through experience in the NHS.
- It is required for the performance of this role to hold or successfully acquire Nominated Signatory status. You are required to gain Nominated Signatory status within 6 months of commencing your role. You are also required to pass re-validation testing every 12- 24 months or as requested.
Open Date: 02/02/2021
Close Date: 26/02/2020
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.