Clinical Sample Project Managers (12 month contracts)
7 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives every day.
We work together across global boundaries to make an impact and find answers to challenges. We do this with the utmost integrity even in the most difficult situations because we are committed to doing the right thing.
We're currently looking for Clinical Sample Project Managers (Compound Leads) to join a dynamic Biosamples team based at either Cambridge UK (Melbourn Science Park), Gothenburg Sweden, Warsaw Poland or San Francisco US
These positions are either for 12 month fixed-term contracts or secondments.
In this role, you will project manage the delivery of laboratory related activities in both early and late phase global development projects. We'll look to you to work independently with the clinical project teams and our global external laboratory partners / alliances to ensure operational delivery of the clinical laboratory testing of biological samples, the efficient deployment of tests (including biomarkers, central safety and clinical bioanalysis), as well as data generation and delivery throughout the project lifecycle.
This is a fantastic opportunity to progress your career in clinical development and to play a key role in the development of an exciting portfolio of medicines that will change the lives of patients worldwide.
Your position will be varied and include the responsibility for ensuring the delivery of all laboratory activities through external partners, meet internal and external quality and regulatory standards all whilst using your operational expertise to advise clinical teams on operational lab strategy, development and deployment. You will regularly be involved in providing advice to clinical teams on laboratory related documentation, operational design and new ways of working, as well as managing external providers to oversee the delivery of relevant lab services and data.
We are looking for a candidate that have experience in some or all of the following.
- Experience of contributing to the operational deployment of clinical laboratory testing on global clinical development projects.
- Project Management skills to provide operational expertise and guidance to the multiple internal and external parties involved in a clinical project, and a proven record in overseeing external partners, especially multidisciplinary clinical laboratory service providers.
- Influencing skills and experience of negotiations
- A solid knowledge of early or late stage clinical development, as well as an understanding of GCP and GCLP.
Suitable candidates may have a science background and would like to extend their knowledge to clinical study operations (degree educated preferable, but not essential) or have backgrounds including laboratory project management, investigator site coordination or study operations.
In addition to this, the following experiences are also desirable;
- Experience of working collaboratively with external vendors in partnerships or alliances
- Experience of working in more than one company or country multi-nationally
- Hands-on experience in a clinical laboratory setting or clinical research site
- Project management experience
Closing date: 2nd March 2021
Location: Cambridge UK (Melbourn Science Park), Gothenburg Sweden, Warsaw Poland or San Francisco US
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Apply today with your CV and covering letter detailing why you feel you are an ideal fit for the position with the experience and skills you bring.
More searches like this
- Clinical Research £60,000 - £79,999 Full Time Contract jobs in Cambridgeshire
- Clinical Project Manager £60,000 - £79,999 Full Time Contract jobs in Cambridgeshire
- Project Management £60,000 - £79,999 Full Time Contract jobs in Cambridgeshire
- Clinical Project Management £60,000 - £79,999 Full Time Contract jobs in Cambridgeshire