Clinical Development (Medical) Director
- Experience Level
- Senior Management
Our global pharmaceutical client has a new vacency as a Clinical Development (Medical) Director, specialising in oncology/haematology.
Our client is considering candidates from the EU/ Switzerland.
The Clinical Development Director in oncology/haematology is the clinical leader of defined program level activities (e.g. submission activities, briefing books etc.), and/ or indication related clinical trial(s), under the leadership. May lead a section of a clinical program (e.g., an indication, a new formulation, or a specific development phase)
- Provides clinical leadership and strategic input for all clinical deliverables in the assigned project or section of a clinical program if applicable.
- Leads development of clinical sections of trial and program level regulatory documents
- Advanced degree in life sciences/healthcare (or clinically relevant degree) is required.
- PharmD, or PhD strongly preferred
- Preferred experience in benign or malignant hematology; or oncology
- Fluent oral and written English
Preferred experience/Professional requirement:
- ≥ 7 years of involvement in clinical research or drug development in an academic or industry environment spanning clinical activities in Phases I through IV.
- ≥ 3-5 years of contribution to and accomplishment in all aspects of conducting clinical trials (e.g., planning, executing, reporting and publishing) in a global/matrix environment in pharmaceutical industry
- Advanced knowledge of assigned therapeutic area
- Demonstrated ability to establish strong scientific partnership with key stakeholders
- Thorough knowledge of GCP, clinical trial design, statistical analysis methodology, and regulatory/clinical development process
- People management experience preferred, this may include management in a matrix environment. Global people management experience desirable
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills