Scientist Assistant (12 month maternity cover)
- Experience Level
- Entry level
Our employees are able to develop their careers in exciting new medical technologies, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica’s Process R&D team consists of experienced scientists and engineers that have extensive expertise in all aspects of upstream and downstream development. PR&D take processes from the laboratory “bench” scale and apply process expertise and engineering fundamentals for delivery to Manufacturing.
We are currently recruiting for a Scientist Assistant to join the team for a 12 month maternity cover. The purpose of this role is to provide essential laboratory activities and services supporting the high quality scientific work conducted at OXB.
Your responsibilities in this role would be
- Carry out general lab maintenance/management activities such as equipment scheduling, planning and organisation of equipment maintenance and consumables stock managementAssist scientists to support the development and optimisation of upstream, downstream and analytical processes for producing lentiviral vectors, working within the Process R&D group.
- Cleaning and maintenance of specialist laboratories.
- Contribute to the efficient and safe operation of the laboratory.
- Carry out key laboratory tasks including cell culture, buffer and reagent preparation, equipment set up and calibration, and cell seeding for cell based analytical assays.
- Participate in laboratory layout / organisational improvement programmes to improve laboratory efficiency, safety and quality (e.g. 5S programmes).
- Carry out other tasks as required from time to time
- Accountable for own performance in alignment with group objectives and deadlines.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Ideally educated to Level 3 diploma standard (A Level) in a science subject but as a minimum educated to Level 2 GCSE standard in a science subject supported by some relevant work experience. This role is best suited to those who have been commercial or domestic cleaners, as full training will be provided
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- Competency in general computing packages (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Able to work under supervision and ability to read, understand and follow detailed instructions to complete tasks, some of which may be GxP procedures.
- Highly motivated, proactive and keen to learn new skills.
- Organised, logical with attention to detail.
- High level of integrity and respect of confidentiality.
- Good time management skills with the ability to adapt to rapid changes in projects and priorities to meet aggressive timelines.
- Able to work in a managed environment and adhere to basic instruction and procedures.
- Able to work well as a team player.
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives.
No agencies please