CDA I - South Africa
5 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Clinical Data Analyst
Office Based – Bloemfontein
Here at Syneos Health we are currently recruiting for a Clinical Data Analyst to be office based in Bloemfontein, South Africa.
Responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Maintains awareness of the pertinent elements of contract and scope of work for assigned project(s).
- Reviews and adheres to the requirements of study-specific Clinical Data Management Plans for assigned project(s).
- Creates and enters test data for User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Performs User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for data entry screens, edits and assigned data review listings, all different roles used in the study.
- Receives and enters lab normal ranges.
- Completes and submits Clinical Database Management System (CDMS)-specific access forms and/or spreadsheets.
- Performs reviews of discrepancy (edit check) output and validation listings based on data entered into the clinical database. Based on this review, queries or applies self-evident corrections in cases where queries are not required, per the Data Validation Specification (DVS) and/or Data Management Plan (DMP) for the assigned projects. Resolves answered queries correctly and re-queries where appropriate.
- Completes tasks within timeframe by appropriately prioritizing multiple tasks within or across projects and adapts to timeline or priority changes by reorganizing daily workload. Proactively communicates to project team and management accurate estimates on time to complete tasks, availability to take on new assignments and resourcing conflicts. Minimizes rework by following study instructions, seeking understanding of assignments prior to performing task and anticipating the effect changes may have on data when issuing and resolving queries.
- Runs data cleaning and/or status reports.
- Performs Serious Adverse Event (SAE) reconciliations.
The ideal candidate will need the following experience / skills to be considered:
- 2+ years experience as a Data Analyst
- Experience working with Inform
- Experience working in the clinical research industry within a CRO/Pharma/Site
- Experience collaborating with a study team
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, equivalent related education and
- The ability to deal effectively with sponsors and internal customers at all levels
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and spoken, with an ability to
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple priorities in a highly dynamic environment
- Experience working in a matrix-structured environment is preferred
*Preference will be given to those from previously disadvantaged groups that meets the minimum requirements of the position
We have a comprehensive benefits package and offer highly competitive remuneration.
If you have the required experience for this position and are eligible to work in the required location then please apply through our online application.
Join a game-changing company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies, INC Research and inVentiv Health, we bring together more than 22,000 clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get biopharmaceutical therapies into the hands of patients who need them most.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. #LI-LM1