Principal Project Data Manager - South Africa or UK
- Experience Level
Principle Project Data Manager – Client Dedicated
Here at Syneos Health we are currently recruiting for a Principle Project Data Manager based in the UK or South Africa. This is for a Client Dedicated opportunity.
Responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- On a stand-alone project acts as Project Leader, including primary Sponsor contact for all contracted Data Management activities and deliverables. On a full service project acts as Functional Lead for Data Management including primary contact for internal liaison between Data Management/Operations and Project Management, Clinical Monitoring, and other functional groups
- May take on a primary oversight/liaison role for a program/partnership including representation on governance committees and input to the Partnership Operating Manual (POM)
- Development and adherence to standards across a program of projects
- Coordinate the work of the assigned Data Management/Data Operations team including PDMs assigned to projects within the program
- Ensures launch, delivery and completion of all Data Management activities and milestones according to contractual agreement and relevant Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), guidelines, and regulations
- Provides project specific training to internal and external audiences as required
- Responsible for financial management of assigned projects / programs, including revenue recognition, changes in scope and participation in internal project review meetings, including liaison with Finance and Contracts groups as needed
- Monitors and communicates project/program progress to the Sponsor and project team including use of project status reports and tracking tools/metrics to enable in stream data collection and query management
- Supports the management of resources on assigned projects/programs
- Plans, manages and requests resources for assigned projects / programs supporting PDMs on a program to plan for most efficient resource assignment
- Develops and maintains project plans, specifications and documentation in line with SOP requirements
- Maintains documentation on an ongoing basis and ensures that all TMF filing is correct and up to date
- Participates in, and presents at internal, Sponsor, third-party, and investigator meetings
- Plans for and creates necessary documentation to support internal and external audits; participates in such audits
- May participate in or lead Data Management/Operations process improvement initiatives
- May supervise/line manage others
- Participates in the development of departmental technologies, SOPs, processes, and procedures
- Trains and mentors data management staff, acts as a subject matter expert. Develops and delivers applicable data management departmental training.
- Prepares input for, and participates in proposal bid defense meetings
- Maintains proficiency in Data Management systems and processes through regular training. May attend/represent the company at professional meetings/conferences. Takes the opportunity to network with colleagues for new and/or repeat business
- May represent Data Management/Data Operations in company-wide initiatives
The ideal candidate will need the following experience / skills to be considered:
- 8+ years experience as a Data Manager and 2+ years managing projects
- Experience working in the clinical research industry within a CRO/Pharma
- Experience collaborating with a study team
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, In lieu of Bachelor’s degree, equivalent related education and
- The ability to deal effectively with sponsors and internal customers at all levels
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and spoken, with an ability to
- Demonstrated experience in managing multiple priorities in a highly dynamic environment
- Experience working in a matrix-structured environment is preferred
- *Preference will be given to those from previously disadvantaged groups that meets the minimum requirements of the position
We have a comprehensive benefits package and offer highly competitive remuneration.
If you have the required experience for this position and are eligible to work in the required location then please apply through our online application.
To find out more about our company and search and apply for other open jobs please visit our website https://www.syneoshealth.com/
Join a game-changing company that is reinventing the way therapies are developed and commercialized. Created through the merger of two industry leading companies, INC Research and inVentiv Health, we bring together more than 22,000 clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get biopharmaceutical therapies into the hands of patients who need them most.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. #LI-LM1