2 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for Project Manager to join Porton Biopharma, a leading biopharmaceuticals company located on the historic Porton Down site, in the picturesque countryside of Salisbury, Wiltshire.
Porton Biopharma Limited (PBL) is a limited liability company, established in 2015, to commercialise pharmaceutical development and manufacturing capabilities. Our mission is to protect patients’ health through the quality-assured development and production of biopharmaceuticals. We develop new vaccines, therapeutic proteins and enzyme products, and manufacture our own licensed biopharmaceutical products, Erwinase® and the UK’s Anthrax Vaccine.
We offer specialist expertise in the development of both manufacturing and analytical processes for use with biological pharmaceutical products. Particularly in taking concepts from the research laboratory and progressing them through the various stages of scale-up and process development to manufactured product for licensed supply or clinical trial.
Our employees join us safe in the knowledge that their skills and experience are contributing to a valuable purpose. This is an excellent environment for the right person to build their biopharmaceutical career.
The Project Manager will be in receipt of a competitive benefits package, including:
- 30 days of holiday, plus 8 bank holidays;
- On the job training, and genuine opportunities for growth and advancement;
- Generous pension scheme;
- Access to online discounts;
- A work environment based in the beautiful Salisbury countryside, with free on-site parking; easy access to London and the south coast
- Onsite canteen.
- Onsite nursery
The successful candidate will be joining the Project Management & Logistics Division as a Project Manager for Porton Biopharma, the post holder will be the focal point for all project communication, ensuring project sponsors, stakeholders and team members kept appropriately informed. Establish, in conjunction with line management, operational project teams. To provide leadership, manage relationships and motivate the teams throughout the project life cycle. Establish and set budgets for operational projects as part of the annual budgeting process and as appropriate. Develop and maintain detailed plans to assure efficient delivery of complex projects.
Ensure project risk register is in place and develop contingency plans as appropriate. Support Business Development in developing the customer relationship pre-contract and then post contract signature act as the primary customer interface. Manage contract organisations to ensure product quality and high service level. Act as project champion and by working effectively with colleagues to maximise commercial benefits of assigned product to PBL.
- Provide active management, of a portfolio of assigned manufacturing-related projects and to have prime responsibility for operational liaison with project customers, both internal and external, to ensure completion of projects to high standards and to develop PBL`s reputation and relationships. To be done in line with the policy on Project Management. To include, but not be limited to, pharmaceutical products (vaccines & therapeutics), technology transfer and process development, facility shutdowns and start ups and capital bids.
- Responsible for evaluation of assigned external and internal project enquiries for manufacturing activities to negotiate and finalise project definition, formulate proposals for resources and programmes required for project delivery.
- To be focal point for all project communication, ensuring project sponsors, stakeholders and team members kept appropriately informed. To communicate highly complex, sensitive and contentious information whilst overcoming barriers to understanding. Routinely reporting to line manager monthly and by exception. Formal presentations to various groups including executive management are expected. Ongoing liaison with research, development and regulatory groups is also an element of the role.
- Establish, in conjunction with line management, operational project teams. To provide leadership, manage relationships and motivate the teams throughout the project life cycle. Typically, the team would comprise department managers or deputies from functional areas typically QC, QA, Production and Development and others as required each with authority for management of their own staff, facilities and other resources to deliver project activities.The project manager will agree activities, delivery dates, set the priorities for the team and address conflicts. Project manager would organise review of data and lead analysis and interpretation including making final decision where required.
- Establish and set budgets for operational projects as part of the annual budgeting process and as appropriate. To capture and manage changes to scope and costs to ensure projects operate within agreed margins. As budget owner management of budgets including periodic review of actual cost against budget with review of significant discrepancies. Interrogation and analysis of budgets with the view to drive costs down without unknown adverse effects on product quality or delivery.
- Develop and maintain detailed plans to assure efficient delivery of complex projects. Ensure project risk register is in place in the approved format and in a timely manner. Develop contingency plans as appropriate and communicate risk. Organise project management and review systems and as problems arise ensure rapid and effective resolution through the project teams or through escalation up departmental line management.
- Support Commercial function in developing the customer relationship pre-contract, activities include customer liaison, assistance in negotiation, prompt delivery of reports and other information as needed. Effective management of other functions to obtain information usually against tight deadlines is a feature.
- Post contract signature full professional customer management acting as the primary customer interface ensuring customer satisfaction by delivery against plan or in case of problems effective communication.
- Undertake all assigned work in accordance with the PBL Risk Management Systems, policies and procedures. Implement safety policies across the manufacturing functions not limited to but including the coordination safety check list which addresses HSE requirements for safety risk assessments and standard protocols for each project.
- Conduct quality reviews of projects to identify best practice and improvement areas to be addressed. Apply continuous improvement to improve the operational performance. Provision of project specific KPIs and other required metrics as required.
- Contribute to and if requested take ownership of the high-level scheduling of the entire BPL portfolio. Acting as a focal point and in collaboration with the other project managers recommend modifications required to optimise the delivery of the portfolio to the Head of Project Management and Logistics. Update the plan monthly or as required and circulate as appropriate. The high-level schedule optimises the use of facilities and staff across manufacturing whilst clearly indicating unit capacity.
- Manage contract organisations to ensure product quality and high service level. Management and facilitation of audits and communication between the two organisations is a key component of this.
- Act as an internal project champion and customer for a specified product(s) or application(s) and maintain current understanding of;
- The production processes and associated analysis
- Production and testing costs
- The regulatory environment and impact on the product
- The product application
- The marketplace and understanding of risks to income
- Competitor activities
- Potentially competing technologies/patents
- Seek potential collaborations to enhance income/efficiency or cost reductions
- Work to schedule product manufacturing to free capacity for 1) additional new work 2) cross staff working
- Initiate and prioritise margin improving projects
- In line with overall responsibilities, to perform any other tasks assigned or objectives set by the line manager.
- Deputise for Head of Project Management & Logistics, as required.
- Have current right to work in the UK;
- MSc in Biological or Chemical Science or Graduate with extensive project and line management experience in regulated manufacturing
- Extensive Project Management involving multi-departments in a complex manufacturing environment
- Operational Management within a regulated environment
- Budget management
- Team Leadership
- Planning and Project Management
- Continuous improvement
- Flexible approach
- Goal orientation
For this unique opportunity to join our team and develop your biopharmaceutical career experience, please submit your CV and a covering letter. You should outline the skills and experience you have, which are relevant to the post for which you are applying. For more guidance on role requirements, please visit our website, portonbiopharma/careers, to download the Job Description.
PBL is an equal opportunities employer, celebrating and encouraging diversity of applications.
Porton Biopharma Ltd is committed to the fair and transparent processing of applicant data. To enable the Company to assess suitability for advertised roles, we will collect the following data: name and contact details, previous work experience and history, qualifications, education, right to work in the UK eligibility, present salary and equal opportunities. The Company reserves the right to collect this data under article 6(1)(B) of the GDPR.
Applicants applying for this role will have their data collected and held securely, and confidentially within Company IT systems which are compliant with GDPR. Data will be shared with the HR department, recruiting managers and recruiting panel.
The Company will hold applicant data on file for 12-months post the vacancy being successfully filled. Candidates are welcome to request that their personal data is removed prior to this date, and should contact recruitment@portonbiopharma if they wish to exercise this right. The Company complies with all data subject rights as outlined on the ICO Website. For more information, please refer to our privacy notice: https://www.portonbiopharma/privacy-policy/.
Apply for Project Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly