Principal Statistician - Early Oncology
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Principal Statistician - Early Oncology
Location: Cambridge, UK
Competitive salary plus benefits
Are you a Statistician - experienced or in the beginning of your career? Do you have an appetite to use statistical methods to develop life-changing medicines? If you would like to apply your expertise in a global company pushing the boundaries of science - join us!
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person
Welcome to Cambridge (UK), one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca's priorities, it's important to us that you bring your full self to work every day.
In this role, we will give you the chance to utilise your statistical expertise in the design, analysis, and interpretation of clinical trial programs; submission and defence of regulatory filings; and the generation of evidence to support product commercialisation and reimbursement.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
As a Principal Statistician, you'll play a pivotal role in channelling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives.
Focus & Challenge of Position
- To lead the strategic, statistical thinking and contributions to the Development Plans, Regulatory Strategy, Health Technology Assessment and Commercial Presentation of AZ products.
- Leadership to statistical staff on the product world-wide so that all work is carried out with regards to AZ standards and external regulations
- Through partnership with experts, developing design options and providing high quality decision support to enable the business to make informed decisions
- Quantifying the benefit, risk, value and uncertainty of the emerging product profile.
- Setting the standards (and enforcing compliance) for statistical work within the product;
- Holding CRO/Partners accountable for the high quality standards of their deliverables;
- Represent AZ and Statistics to Health Authorities and Reimbursement/Payer Organizations for specific projects/indications;
- Promote, investigate, develop and implement novel statistical approaches, for relevant statistical issues and/or regulatory guidance and/or value demonstration.
- Develop relationships with international opinion leaders, consultants and collaborative groups.
- Mentor/coach and support the education and training of Statistics staff in the technical arena.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience Required
- MSc/PhD in Statistics or Mathematics(containing a substantial statistical component) with experience in pharma/healthcare or other relevant area
- In depth knowledge of the technical and regulatory requirements related to the role
- Expert leadership capabilities to be able to lead and direct project work
- Extensive experience of Development, programme design and data analysis and interpretation
- Experience of major regulatory interactions and/or submissions
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build strong relationships
- Excellent collaboration skills required - the energy to work across global & functional boundaries, both internally and externally
- Ability to apply statistical expertise to complex problems, problem solving and quality focus
- Experience working on Oncology studies is needed
We would like to know more about you. If you are interested, apply now!
At AstraZeneca when we see an opportunity for change, we seize it and make it happen, because any opportunity no matter how small, can be the start of something big. Delivering life-changing medicines is about being entrepreneurial - finding those moments and recognising their potential. Join us on our journey of building a new kind of organisation to reset expectations of what a bio-pharmaceutical company can be. This means we're opening new ways to work, pioneering cutting edge methods and bringing unexpected teams together. Interested? Come and join our journey.
Date advert opened: 2nd February 2021
Date advert closed: 2nd March 2021