Associate Director, Biostatistics - Early Oncology
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Associate Director, Statistics - Early Oncology
Locations: Cambridge (UK)
Competitive salary and Benefits
Would you like to be a part of a Biostatistical group, who has direct strategic impact on drug development, playing a key role in getting medicines to patients?
At AstraZeneca, we put patients first and strive to meet their unmet needs worldwide. Working here means being entrepreneurial, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. If you are swift to action, confident to lead, willing to collaborate, and curious about what science can do, then you're our kind of person
Welcome to Cambridge (UK), one of over 400 sites here at AstraZeneca, providing a collaborative environment where everyone feels comfortable and able to be themselves is at the core of AstraZeneca's priorities, it's important to us that you bring your full self to work every day.
Main duties and responsibilities
In this role you will be responsible in leading the strategic, statistical thinking and contributions to the Development Plans, Regulatory Strategy, Health Technology Assessment and Commercial Presentation for indications/projects within an AZ product team.
You will provide leadership to statistical staff on the indications/projects so that all work is carried out with regards to AZ standards and external regulations; through partnership with experts, developing design options and providing high quality decision support to enable the business to make informed decisions; quantifying the benefit, risk, value and uncertainty of the emerging product profile.
You will be holding CRO/Partners accountable for the high quality standards of their deliverables. You will represent AZ and Statistics to Health Authorities and Reimbursement/Payer Organizations for specific projects/indications.
You will apply expert skills to investigate, apply novel statistical approaches, for relevant statistical issues and/or regulatory guidance and/or value demonstration. You will mentor/coach and support the education and training of Statistics staff in the technical arena.
- MSc or PhD degree in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related quantitative fields, or equivalent course work/ technical experience
- Understanding of regulations/developments in the area of Clinical Development and Biostatistics
- Appropriate experience as a statistician for the relevant position level with clinical trials, pharmaceutical development, regulated research, and/or related areas of statistical applications
- A collaborative mindset
- A general dedication to and ability to apply expertise to problem solving
- Experience with relevant statistical software
- Ability to apply statistical techniques in the analysis of data from clinical studies or other significant are
Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a phenomenal fit, please share this posting with them.
Where can I find out more?
- Follow AstraZeneca on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/1603/
- Follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/astrazenecacareers/
- Follow us on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/astrazeneca_careers/?hl=en
Date job posted: 2nd February 2021
Date job expired: 2nd March 2021