Scientist IV, Analytical Development Group
1 day left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Our employees are able to develop their careers in exciting new medical technologies, and so can you.
We are currently recruiting for a Scientist IV to join the Analytical Development Group. The purpose of this role is to assist in the development and implementation of new and existing analytical methods and techniques as required by the platform and their subsequent validation and qualification for application within a GMP environment.
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Assist in the development and implementation of new and existing analytical methods and techniques as required by the platform.
- Assist in investigative, pre-validation, validation and qualification projects for assays as part of the Analytical Development Group for GMP and to support GLP/GCP activities where necessary.
- Design and conduct experiments /investigations in accordance with correct methodologies and procedures under the direction of the Principal or Senior Scientists.
- Ensure a high standard of record keeping and documentation of experiments and investigations in order that information is clearly captured and disseminated and reported. Including the writing and reviewing of technical documents such as study documentation, validation plans, SOPs etc.
- Analyse and interpret data and present/document the results at internal meetings, client meetings and external venues such as conferences.
- Ensure robust technical transfers of method cross-departmentally.
- Share scientific knowledge through regular team/department meetings and presentations
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- BSC/ PhD or extensive relevant experience in an associated subject
- Essential Requirements:
- Operating, developing, troubleshooting and validating of analytical methods.
- Good knowledge/experience of analytical instrumentation and qualification procedures.
- In-depth, hands-on expertise and up-to-date knowledge of bio-analytical methodologies.
- Experience in qPCR, immunoassays (e.g. ELISA) and/or tissue culture essential.
- Knowledge of aggregation and/or sub-visible particle methods.
- Desirable Requirements:
- Experience of molecular biology methodologies/techniques.
- Experience in automation of analytical methods.
- Experience in HPLC/HPLC-MS and/or ddPCR.
- Experience in analytical testing in support of viral vector production and T-cell therapies.
- Experience of working to GMP.
- Knowledge of Statistics (and/or DOE, QbD).
- Personal Attributes
- Credible and confident communicator (written & verbal) at all levels.
- Ability to work accurately in a busy and demanding environment, adhering to deadlines/timescales
- Self-motivated with the ability to work proactively using own initiative.
- Committed to learning and development.
- Attention to detail – Conscientious
- Well organised and follows up on actions and strives for efficiencies
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives
No agencies please