International Sales Executive (Science)
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Our client is one of the world's foremost freeze-drying specialists based in Winchester, UK. It sells, services and supports benchtop, pilot and production analytic instrumentation, provides analytic and process development consultancy and services and carries out collective and bespoke training. Whilst machines sales are limited to the UK, Republic of Ireland, France and Belgium, the training and process development and consultancy business is worldwide.
Reporting to the Global Sales Manager, our client is seeking to recruit an international sales executive to run and deliver its range of process development services for the Asian Pacific region.
Covering all aspects of the lyophilisation process and delivering services in the fields of small
molecules, vaccines, diagnostics, peptides, antibodies, ADC's, live organisms (attenuated and non- attenuated) probiotics, GMO's, collagen scaffolds and medical devices, the suite of consultancy and process development services comprise of:
Thermal analysis, Formulation development, Cycle development, Robustness and stability studies, Scale up from lab to production quantities, Regulatory file preparation, Quality by Design, Trouble shooting
PRIMARY TASKS ASSOCIATED WITH THE BASIC JOB FUNCTION:
Whilst this position is not a field- based sales role, the principal duties of the ISE include, but are not limited to:
* Meeting / communicating with clients and/or agents as applicable
* Participate in telephone conferences
* Preparing technical quotes for laboratory / consultancy work in conjunction with scientific staff
* To maximise closed leads across consultancy product areas through efficient quoting and following up
* Manage/update the international sales forecast for the consultancy product for agents in co- ordination with the Global Sales Manager
* To maintain the necessary CRM records for the same
* Producing monthly and quarterly sales reports, participate in the monthly sales and marketing review
* Ensure that sales targets are met
* Attending trade exhibitions, conferences and industry meetings
* Providing technical information and advice to customers and other sales staff
* Negotiating contracts, terms and conditions, confidentiality agreements
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE:
* Science degree in a relevant subject preferred
* 2+ years' experience in a sales role with an international customer base with clear track record
* Impeccable communication skills
* The ability to assimilate new technological processes quickly and be able to articulate them to customers in a competent fashion
* Be a dynamic self-starter who is able to work to an agreed sales and business plan and targets without day to day supervision
* Be able to tailor the product range to the relevant market and to identify and propose new products and services relevant to those markets
* Work well within a close and professional team
An understanding of lyophilisation would be an advantage but a full technical training programme will be supplied. Fluency in a second language would also be desirable.
Our client uses a range of delivery channels to promote and deliver the consultancy and process development services worldwide via its group of companies:
. In these territories the ISE will be expected to liaise with local sales teams and assist with preparation of offers, answering technical queries and advise on commercial negotiations.
* Via a range of Agents: to work closely with to meet sales targets, the ISE will be expected to support these agents with preparation of quotations, answering technical queries and advise on commercial negotiations.
* Directly: In all other territories, the ISE will be expected to deliver these products via a direct sales process running from lead generation to close.
The current level of process development sales activity across all the delivery channels above is in excess of £1M per annum. An agreed three year plan that looks to increase this by a minimum of 50% over the period with the reward and development opportunity to become Asian Pacific Sales Manager and grow a team.