Scientist, Analytical - Advanced Drug Delivery - 12 Month FTC
3 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Scientist, Analytical - Advanced Drug Delivery (Pharmaceutical Sciences) - 12 Month FTC
Location: Cambridge UK
Salary & Benefits Competitive
At AstraZeneca, we believe in the potential of our people and you'll develop beyond what you thought possible. We make the most of your skills and passion by actively supporting you to see what you can achieve no matter where you start with us!
AstraZeneca is a global, science-driven biopharmaceutical company. We are dedicated to discovering, developing, and delivering innovative, meaningful medicines and healthcare solutions that enrich the lives of patients. At AstraZeneca, we win through science! it's at the heart of our every success. That science is only possible when we all work together - we'll always make sure you're clear about how your role is connected to our wider mission to really show what science can do.
AstraZeneca is now looking to recruit a Scientist in the Advanced Drug Delivery (ADD) group in Pharmaceutical Sciences with specialty in analysis of nanoparticle drug delivery systems. The ADD group provides innovative products to Astra Zeneca's Clinical Pipeline and placement for the role is at one of our sites in Cambridge, UK working closely with relevant functions located at the Cambridge site and in the UK. The role reports to the team manager of the ADD team in Cambridge
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
In this role you will be part of a team of highly skilled and passionate individuals responsible for the analysis and characterisation of nanoparticle drug delivery systems. You will work with a diverse group of scientists across various functions to ensure timely delivery of the nanoparticle formulations through design and optimisation cycles.
Education & Experience Requirements:
Graduate degree /MSc in Analytical/Organic Chemistry, Pharmaceutical analysis or related subject area and/or
Extensive Industrial formulation analysis in preclinical formulations.
- Significant experience using liquid chromatography systems for analysis of liquid formulations, solutions, nanoparticle suspensions etc.
- Excellent analytical, organisation and communication skills
- Competent user of computer softwares for data processing, calculation and graphical representation
- Experience/understanding of sample preparation techniques such as SPE
- Experience in analytical investigation using mass spectrometry techniques
- Strong attention to detail and a desire to learn
- Prior experience/understanding of characterization of polymeric nanoparticles and associated techniques
- Lab based Analytical evaluation of controlled release products
- At least one year of pharmaceutical industrial experience in clinical development projects
- Electronic lab notebook use or recording of experimental results to a high standard
Open Date 01/02/2021
Close Date 26/02/2021
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.