Manager, Financial Planning and Accounting Systems
2 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Do you pride yourself on your integrity? We do what’s right for our employees, patients and partners, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica’s Finance team are responsible for overseeing the financial cashflow of the business. The team has accountability for financial planning and analysis, accounts payable and accounts receivable
We are currently recruiting for a Manager, Financial Planning and Accounting Systems to join the team. The purpose of this role is responsibility for the management, maintenance and development of the company’s newly implemented FP&A system - Workday (Adaptive Insight)
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Co-ordination and administration of in-system financial forecast cycles e.g. monthly revenue outlook, annual budget etc...
- Manage and maintain the company’s new FP&A system, including process flows, model accounting and output calculations, and to develop robust control procedures to ensure its ongoing utility
- Assist with and control the source data transfer into FP&A system to ensure full alignment and that the richness of data is sufficient to support analytical requirements
- Work with FP&A, the wider business and other finance colleagues to understand changes to the business and adapt the FP&A system accordingly to generate accurate financial forecast results
- Develop and prepare new and insightful reporting and analyses to assist management understanding of financial performance, improve decision making and monitor FP&A forecast accuracy so model improvements can be made.
- Operation of all regular in-system forecasting cycles i.e. maintenance of in-system process flows, task deadlines, user level access and licensing requirements.
- Support system users with troubleshooting queries, feeding back any suggested improvements within the FP&A team.
- Share system knowledge with FP&A colleagues and other system users to maximize its utility while avoiding any confusion or duplication of effort
- Develop reports and analyses to extract information from FP&A systems to efficiently source other financial models that are used for scenario planning or longer term financial planning
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Qualified to CIMA / ACA
- Experience of both Financial and Management Accounting advantageous
- Experience of developing Adaptive Insights systems would be a major advantage
- Experience of working autonomously and closely as part of a team to deliver reliable financial information under time pressure
- Credible and able to build relationships with senior management across business functions as well as Group finance colleagues of all levels.
- Drive for results – a determined finisher x Problem solving – creative in identifying and implementing pragmatic solutions, with a constant drive to add value to help the business succeed.
- Attention to detail – Understands the importance of robust controls and the need for systems alignment to avoid dispute and confusion.
- Experience of Pharmaceutical/Biotech or high technology manufacturing industry would be beneficial.
- Understanding of IFRS accounting standards#
- Good Microsoft Office skills (especially MS Excel, PowerPoint & Teams)
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives
No agencies please