Associate Scientist, Basel
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Our client, a Global Swiss Pharmaceutical company based in Basel, who is currently on an exciting growth curve are seeking an Associate Scientist on an urgent basis for an initial 12 months with a strong likelihood for extension for their Basel site.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Develop, validate and execute various bioanalytical methods to assess the biological activity (potency) and purity of biopharmaceuticals.
- Support manufacturing process development
- Perform release analytics of drug substances and drug products for human use under GMP.
- A range of bioanalytical methods will be needed, including target binding assays, cell-based potency assays, immunoassays and PCR-based assays.
- Work in a GMP environment on both non-GMP bioassay development as well as routine GMP bioanalytics.
The successful incumbent will possess:
- University degree, apprenticeship or equivalent in life sciences with strong background in cell biology and/or biochemistry
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with cell-based assays and immunoassays, preferably in an industrial setting
- Knowledge and/or experience of working under GxP would be highly desirable
- Sound knowledge of English is required; knowledge of German is desirable.
- Master graduate in Life science preferred No previous experience in Pharma required for the position.
- GMP experience is good to have but not a must Cell culture experience preferred but not a must.
- Immunology, biochemistry background if possible
Michael Bailey International is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.