Analytics Strategy Manager
- Experience Level
The Analytics Strategy Manager (ASM) is an internal consultant who works with the teams bidding for and executing studies. The ASM partners with internal teams to understand relevant challenges within a study and to identify analytics that can help meet these challenges. The ASM directs the work performed by the Feasibility Analytics, Site & Investigator Analytics, Clinical Coders and country-specific analysts who will generate the data analysis. The ASM is the central point of contact taking full accountability for the delivery of analytics, communicating results to internal teams and to external clients, demonstrating a deep knowledge of both data sources and study goals.
• Leads cross-functional teams in the scoping, processing and delivery of complex analytics to support new opportunity development, ongoing project delivery, and new analytics offerings and innovations
• Ensures planning teams are provided clear, data-driven recommendations on enrollment, site identification, and other critical insights for planning and executing the study
• Progresses and manages project plans for analytics delivery for new opportunity development
• Develops and manages updates to data strategy as a result of new information becoming available at the time of award and to support in-flight study needs
• Ensures clear communication is maintained between internal & external stakeholders
• Reviews inputs from analytics resources and manages the final delivery of innovative and insightful analytics to support new opportunity development
• Collaborates with the country-specific analysts, pre-award strategy teams and post-award project teams to coordinate and manage activities related to the generation of country-specific patient density data in support of Site ID and Enrollment Planning & Trends activities
• Leads text and slide creation, with input from analytics resources, to support proposals, bid defense, and other presentations. The ASM is accountable for having a connected data insights story come through in client-facing material.
• Leads analytically focused calls (i.e. MAP call) serving as the lead for the analytics team
• Proactively continues to strengthen subject matter expertise in partnership with clients and internal stakeholders
• Offers mentorship and coaching to new team members and the analytics resources
• Link with internal groups for patient insights, ensuring a truly patient centric approach is included
• Undertake and maintain therapeutic training, as necessary. Keeping abreast of developments in clinical research generally and within main area of therapeutic focus
Required knowledge, skills and abilities:
• Degree in life sciences, public health, statistics, data science, business or related field with 7-10 yrs. of relevant experience. Experience should include work in an international role and work related to health and/or data science; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience. In addition:
o 3-5 years of related experience in consulting, project management and analytics delivery.
o 3-5 years’ experience in data manipulation, analysis and data visualization
• Excellent understanding of medical terminology, clinical trials, and applicable regulatory guidelines
• In depth knowledge of the drug development processes across all functional areas
• Deep understanding of IQVIA global data assets
• Understanding, communication and thought leadership in the use of advanced analytics within the healthcare and clinical trials environment
• Excellent organizational, communication and project management skills
• Active listener with strong relationship building skills with an exceptional eye for detail
• Works willingly and effectively with others in and across the organization to achieve team goals.
• Experienced with creating consultative relationships with senior management and key stakeholders in the life science industry (such as lead medics, therapeutic strategy leads, project leaders, data scientists, data architects, senior leadership)
• Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize and deliver on tight timelines.
• Excellent written and verbal presentation skills, communication and stakeholder influence capabilities.
• Participates in bid defense prep meetings, usually by conference call
• May attend bid defense meetings and other client engagements to discuss analytical insights. Most client meetings would be by phone but there may be occasional travel.
• Work with internal teams to continuously improve our processes.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.