Senior and Principal Biostatisticians
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
What do you get when you bring together the most impressive statistical software development and contract research capabilities with high profile sponsors? You get a widely-respected and deeply innovative organisation! The type of place that works with the world’s best life sciences companies to turn out exciting phase I-IV clinical trials – all with the support of Biostatistician’s who are exceptional at what they’re doing. It’s for this reason that they’re sector-leaders – making for a truly dynamic workplace in which to pursue your career goals. Investing plenty of time and effort in nurturing the skills of their people, they provide access to innovative training and development opportunities. And with the scope to work from home, their team benefit from a great work/life balance. Now, they’re ramping up for an incredible Q1 and Q2 – and they’re in need of a number of ambitious senior level Biostatisticians. Which is where you come in.
Joining the Flexible Service Provider team, you will play an instrumental role in the development of bold new studies. With the full support of a line manager who genuinely wants you to succeed and progress, you will handle a variety of clients predominantly based in the UK and Europe. Tackling either project based services or programmes related to anything from oncology and medical affairs to COVID-19 and immunology, you’ll have the scope to work with many of the sector’s top 10 pharmaceutical and biotechnology organisations – and as your career progresses, you’ll have the opportunity to move between teams according to your interests. On a day-to-day basis, you will develop study protocols, and you will participate in study design discussions and sample size calculations. Contributing to the full lifecycle of clinical research programmes, your duties will range from assessing data review guidelines and developing statistical analysis plans, through to analysing and interpreting results and preparing study reports. With the scope to lead active studies and maintain oversight of third-party contributions, this is a thrilling opportunity to push your career to the next level.
To make the most of this fascinating Biostatistician role, you will:
- Have a BSc in Statistics, Biostatistics or an equivalent.
- Bring plenty of knowledge to the table. Specifically, you’ll have at least 6 years of relevant industry experience.
- Be fluent in the clinical drug development process. As such, you’ll have great knowledge in relevant disease areas (such as medical affairs, oncology, immunology or cardiovascular), with a good awareness of endpoints and different study designs.
- Be a team-player, with brilliant verbal and written communication skills (particularly as you’ll be called on to prepare integrated summaries for submissions (ISS/ISE), documents for Health Authorities and various other publications).
- Have a comprehensive knowledge of the wider industry.
- Be a stickler for details – and you will always adhere to project standards and ICH guidelines.
- Have good SAS programming skills. A knowledge of R programming would also be a plus.
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset. If you’re keen to progress to senior and leadership positions, then you’ll be a natural fit.