Senior Medical Writer (Oncology/Publications)
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
About the role
We are looking for a Medical Writer with strong experience in oncology and/or publications to join our team and help support delivery of work on an established top 10 pharma account. This role can be based in any UK location, including fully remote for the right candidate. We work on a range of solid tumours and haematological malignancies, with the possibility to specialise your knowledge or develop a broader expertise of the therapy area.
A Fishawack Senior Medical Writer researches, writes, and edits high-quality material for a variety of customised medical communications initiatives, while working with a dedicated account team to foster client relationships and drive projects to completion. A keen interest in medical science and writing, coupled with an ability to work to deadlines and specifications is essential.
Who are Fishawack Health?
Fishawack Health is the leading global commercialization partner for the modern life sciences era. Powered by a globe-spanning pack of strategic, creative, and scientific experts, we are driven to connect patients and healthcare professionals with the knowledge they need to live better lives. Our three core operating units—Commercial, Consulting, and Medical Communications—can be leveraged individually but are designed for dynamic collaboration, with expert teams intentionally and uniquely assembled for each project.
Our internationally recognized, award-winning teams collaborate across operations in the UK (Brighton, London, Manchester, Knutsford, Dublin, and Oxford) and USA (Evansville, New York, Philadelphia, Minneapolis Scottsdale, St. Louis, and San Diego). We are Fishawack Health. Bolder. More agile. More connected. Together with our client partners, we can shape the future and improve lives.
What you'll do
Working as part of our established account team, as a Senior Medical Writer you will be responsible for:
- Developing and delivering original, accurate, high-quality content (manuscripts, slides, and other editorial assignments) within the project specifications, timeline, and budget
- Providing clear, comprehensive briefings to colleagues with subsequent review of the deliverables to ensure all outputs meet the brief and are high-quality
- Liaising with clients, authors and colleagues to progress projects effectively
- Working with the account team to provide input on project specifications, costings, and schedules
- Actively supporting account growth, by building client relationships and providing continued client satisfaction with our service
- Mentoring new writers (depending on individual, level of experience and opportunity)
- Bachelor’s degree in the life sciences required, post-graduate qualification e.g. MSc, MPhil or PhD an advantage
- ≥2 years’ experience in medical writing/publishing role and/or medical communications agency environment
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office, specifically Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Proficiency in Internet and PubMed searches
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and as part of a team
We offer a creative, supportive environment with a uniquely diverse career structure where you will be able to continuously develop and tailor your career towards your preferred route, be that scientific delivery, operational, or client service. Our STEPS training programme – Supporting Training, Enhancing Professional Development – provides a broad range of training delivered in-house and on-line, and supplements on-the-job training/project team-led training initiatives. We also offer a generous company pension, private medical insurance plus many other excellent employee benefits.