Senior Research Laboratory Coordinator
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Our employees are able to develop their careers in exciting new medical technologies, and so can you.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Research Laboratory Coordinator to join the Platform Research Group. The purpose of this role is to coordinate all activities concerning the research laboratories in order to maximise the productivity and quality of these facilities
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Schedule and coordinate general laboratory management and maintenance activities (e.g. cleaning, scheduling, stock management, equipment maintenance and calibration).
- Comply with and enforce company health and safety policies and procedures and good laboratory etiquette.
- Efficiently manage any unplanned occurrences within the laboratories such as broken equipment or interruptions in consumable supply.
- Liaise with other members of the Research Department to ensure the appropriate use of the facilities, facilitating the provision of procedures and training where applicable.
- Primary contact with other departments including the Laboratory Management Team, Equipment Maintenance, Supply Chain and Engineering to ensure the smooth running of the research laboratory facilities.
- Where applicable support research representation in new laboratory design by effectively communicating research requirements to project managers and participate in the decision making processes.
- Lead the identification and implementation of improvement in current laboratory practices including time/space management, 5S working practices and productivity improvement projects and optimisation of work flows.
- Line management responsibility for a small team of Research Laboratory Support Assistants.
- Responsible for the coordination (project management) of new equipment demonstrations on site and definition of the specification and quality criteria of equipment for purchase.
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- GCSE qualifications or equivalent in Maths, English and Science
- Management training and management experience would be an advantage
- Have a knowledge and understanding of efficient and effective laboratory working practices
- Ability to demonstrate strong initiative in order to solve problems and improve working practices
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Pharmaceutical industry experience or equivalent experience gained elsewhere
- A good Scientific knowledge base would be an advantage
- Project management experience in a bio-tech environment would be an advantage
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives
No agencies please