Ophthalmology Global Medical Director
- Experience Level
In order to deliver innovative treatments to patients, we are looking for two Medical Directors to contribute to the development of the Ophthalmology department.
As a Medical Director, you lead cross-functional clinical teams for clinical and regulatory aspects to move new potential therapies – ranging from small molecules over biologics to gene therapy - from pre-clinical to early clinical development.
You are accountable for delivery of study protocols, study conduct, and study read out and responsible for developing and ensuring effective and efficient execution of the clinical programs. As the face of the Ophthalmology Translational Medicine Team, you represent this team internally at governance meetings, externally at congresses, at interactions with health authorities, and when meeting external partners and collaborators.
· Leads clinical teams, comprising different functions to drive projects from preclinical through early clinical development
· Develops and presents the clinical development plan to management boards to progress the project through governance
· Represents clinical functions in preclinical discovery projects and clinical project teams to ensure inclusion of important clinical aspects from start
· Represents the clinical function at health authority interactions
· Contributes to disease area strategy planning to influence the future portfolio
· Participates in evaluating external opportunities
· Establishes new research areas to adapt to new needs and maintain a rich pipeline
· Organizes scientific advisory board meetings to gather state of the art input
· Establishes and leads external collaborations in line with disease area strategy to integrate into the scientific community and foster scientific exchange
· Represent at congresses to create and maintain the awareness in Ophthalmology
· Acts as key clinical scientific contact / medical monitor in clinical studies
· Develops and maintains talent in clinical functions to ensure sustained high level of clinical expertise
· Maintains external scientific presence through high quality publications in peer-reviewed journals and oral presentations in international conferences
· You are MD or MD/PhD in ophthalmology or, in another therapeutic area but complemented with, at least 10 years ‘experience in the ophthalmology field and with a clinical development expertise.
· A Board Certification in ophthalmology is a strong asset for the role.
· An experience in retinal diseases, retinal imaging or gene therapy ; or an experience in diseases of the anterior segment such as dry eye disease or glaucoma are a strong plus for this role.
· You bring a strong track record of scientific excellence (high quality publications in the field) and be considered a key opinion leader in the field. Please include them in your application.
· Experience in clinical drug development is an asset, ideally early stages
· Competitive basic salary
· Exciting and innovative work environment
· Flexible working arrangements
· Attractive holiday allowance
· Opportunity to work on game-changing therapies
For more information, please reach out to Antonia at Barrington James.
+44 1293 776644