Senior Scientist, Cell Technology Group
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
We drive credible science to realise incredible results, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica’s Early Development Group is accountable for the development and expansion of the early product pipeline, working with a network of key opinion leaders and sub-speciality experts.
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Scientist to join the team. The purpose of this role is to be involved in developing new technology for gene and cell therapy products, including CAR-T cells and potentially other engineered cell therapies
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Development and improvement of technologies for gene and cell therapy applications with a focus on CAR-T cells or other engineered immune cell therapies
- Development of innovative technology to improve lentiviral vector delivery for gene and cell therapies.
- Lead/manage research in the group
- Independently manage daily research activities and support junior members of staff
- Keep excellent experimental/data records
- Opportunity for direct line management within the Group
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- PhD or equivalent in relevant Bioscience (e.g. immunology, molecular and cellular biology) and demonstrable experience in a research environment (academia or industry).
- Track record in an area of immunotherapy or other cell and gene therapies would be advantageous.
- Excellent lab-based skills with particular emphasis on molecular biology and cell biological techniques including cell culture, cell transfection, lentiviral vector production, multiparameter flow cytometry and ideally immunological assays.
- Good knowledge of transcriptional regulation and experience of designing expression constructs.
- Expertise with primary cell culture (especially immune cells) would be an advantage.
- Experience and knowledge of next generation sequencing methods and indexed/barcoded sequencing approaches would be highly desirable.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Good attention to detail
- Highly motivated.
- Ability to execute projects to aggressive timelines with the ability to adapt to rapid changes in project priorities.
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives
No agencies please