Senior Medical Writer
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
A successful global medical organisation is looking for a Senior Medical Writer to join their dynamic team in London. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a forward-thinking independent company with a culture that encourages and rewards initiative-taking, resourcefulness and enterprise.
- Manage each assigned task/project, keeping your manager informed on the progress of the project.
- Receive and act on feedback from the team to continuously improve medical writing skills.
- Liaise with your manager to swiftly resolve resourcing problems and any conflicts with schedules that may arise
- Seek to input both creatively and strategically in meetings and during project development.
- Develop, manage and deliver high quality project documents and written materials
- Assist in development and maintenance of budgets associated with medical writing work
- Manage and plan all writing activities in line with an agreed budget and timelines
- Maintain a respectful and professional working environment
- Attend client and agency meetings where necessary.
- Liaise with external contractors and suppliers providing a clear outline of requirements and ensure the work that is returned conforms to brief.
- Identify potential resourcing problems and seek to organise external contractors where necessary in conjunction with the Medical Writing lead team
- Onsite attendance as required at meetings, conferences, seminars and committees.
- Identify potential new customers and the promotion of the company in order to win new business.
- Support the development of new business proposals and attend pitches where necessary
Skills and Requirements
- Bachelors / MD in medicine, life or health sciences, or pharmacy
- At least 2 years' experience as Medical Writer within the pharmaceutical industry
- Has 2 years' experience with Oncology
- Confident, proactive and client-oriented team player
- Proven ability to lead projects in a motivating way and manage capacities effectively
- Inner drive to deliver exceptional work within tight timelines and changing priorities
ProClinical is a specialist employment agency and recruitment business, providing job opportunities within major pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies.