Lead Pharmaceutical Copywriter
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Lead Promotional Copywriter/Medical writer – Patient support
Sector – Healthcare communications
Location – SouthEast
Salary – £Negotiable
Our client, a global organisation, is looking to recruit a Lead Promotional Copywriter
About the role
This is a great opportunity for an experienced copywriter who is looking for a role combining both traditional medical writing and copywriting. This role will give the opportunity to cover a wide range of therapeutic areas being able to specialise in providing engaging copy for HCP’s and patients across multiple channels including digital.
Who are we looking for?
You will have extensive copywriting experience within healthcare, pharmaceuticals, or device communications, bringing a combination of scientific knowledge, copywriting promotional expertise, strategic insight as well as industry regulation knowledge and client facing leadership.
Responsibilities / Experience
- Experience communicating key data around brands in a variety of promotional materials
- Ability to understand and translate complex clinical information into compelling, effective, succinct copy using language appropriate for the audience (HCPs or patients)
- Previous work in a range of therapeutic areas and deliverables (e.g. promotional sales copy; patient disease or treatment education materials; patient support program materials; marketing communications; branded campaigns targeted to health care providers, patient and consumers; market access materials; REMS/RMP communications; training materials; and pharma advertising)
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering client pitches as part of an account team
- Knowledge of market trends and government and industry guidance, including ABPI, EFPIA, OPDP, FDA, PhRMA, etc.
- Ability to research competitors and marketplace to assess a condition, add market depth of knowledge
- Ability to coach and mentor team members with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to oversee team outputs, ensuring quality, compliance, appropriateness and profitability
- Budgetary awareness
- University degree in a communications-related or scientific concentration, demonstrated scientific acumen
This an exciting opportunity to join a growing medical and patient communications team. For further information please contact Louise Clark +44 (0)1293 584300