- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a (Senior) Pre-Clinical Scientist to join an ambitious, Immuno- Oncology focussed Biotech based in Belgium. As a Pre-Clinical Scientist you will be responsible for generating high quality and robust in Vitro data packages to help guide strategic decisions on their pre-clinical programmes.
(Senior) Pre-Clinical Scientist
Permanent, full-time position
Up to 65k EURO for Scientist and 85k EURO for Senior
Excellent benefits package including 15% bonus, company car, lunch vouchers
You will have the opportunity to:
- Drive the in vitro studies within a project team towards its progression to the clinic
- Selection of the lead candidate, generation of the in vitro package as part of IND enabling studies
- Definition of the target biology and drug mode of action and finally support the biomarker development plan in collaboration with the translational team.
- Design, validate and carry experimental in vitro immunoassays using Standard Operating Procedures
- Develop new immunoassays that will help deepen the biological knowledge of the drug target and characterize the mode of action of biologic candidates. Share this immunoassay expertise with other teams within the company.
- Compile, summarize and critically analyse data in order to present them at project team meetings.
- Show strong ownership by being up to date with the project literature and more broadly with the immune-oncology field.
- Collaborate with external contacts, either with academic partners or with CRO’s
To be considered you should have the following:
- PhD and/or post-doc in Immunology is essential
- 3 to 5 years of relevant hands-on experience within an academic or biotech/pharma environment
- Familiarity with drug development would be an advantage.
- Strong expertise in immunology techniques such as primary cell isolation, setting-up immune cell-based assays (in vitro stimulation of immune cells, suppression assays, antigen recall assays for example) and advanced flow cytometry
- Additional molecular cell biology/immunology techniques would be highly beneficial including; ELISA/MSD/Luminex, qPCR, gene expression analysis or CRISPR-based genomic screening tools
Apply now for immediate consideration!!!!