- Experience Level
- Acquire and maintain a thorough understanding of the health outcomes and health economics associated with the company’s products and competing alternatives
- Design and perform cost-effectiveness and cost utility studies, retrospective database analyses, patient-reported outcomes research, and decision-analytic modelling to develop economic utility evidence for payer coverage
- Analyze insurance claims, electronic medical record, patient survey, and disease registry data.
- Review literature and develop dossiers, burden of illness reports, etc. for dissemination both internally within the company and with external payers.
- Serve as the subject-matter expert in Health Economics and Outcomes Research
- Ensure appropriate economic and outcomes endpoints are integrated into clinical trials
- Work closely with computational scientists, statisticians, and payer specialists
- Assist in the design, execution and analysis of HEOR strategies and tactics to support the value propositions of the assigned compounds.
- In collaboration with EVP, assist in efforts to develop evidence-based health economic models to support US & global strategies and local payer needs. Conduct studies to elucidate, burden of illness, budget impact, and cost-effectiveness in disease segments of interest for company products.
- Analyze secondary data, including insurance claims, electronic medical records, patient surveys, and disease registries.
- Prioritize model data requirements which may be addressed through clinical trials and evidence generation activities and work with clinical team to provide input on endpoint structure of clinical trials.
- Engage with global health economics opinion leaders and external clinical advisors; seek their guidance, validation, and support.
- Partner with Medical Affairs and Clinical Development colleagues to prepare conference presentations, manuscripts, and other communications.
- Build/adapt content and data for submission to health insurers and global payment authorities.
- Develop effective processes and ways of working to support collaboration with key internal stakeholder groups (e.g.; clinical development, commercial, etc.)
- Identify new opportunities for value creation based on an understanding of health care systems and the potential benefits of the company’s innovative regenerative medicines.
- Support development of innovative approaches to evidence generation that meet payer needs and integrate these with the needs of other customers
- Other duties, as assigned
- Possess a positive attitude and optimistic outlook
- Strong ability to work in a fast-paced team environment with fluctuating priorities, and collaborate effectively with others
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with ability to set own priorities in a timely manner
- High degree of flexibility and adaptability
- Strong communication (verbal and written), organizational skills, and interpersonal skills up, down and across the organization
- Basic computer skills required, such as knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Develop meaningful cross-functional relationships, work effectively with colleagues from all parts of the organization, and respond to team needs effectively and efficiently.
- Use rigorous logic and analytical methods to solve difficult problems, thrive in ambiguity and act with incomplete information, be self-motivated and advance projects with minimal supervision
- Ability to review clinical and health economic literature, including disease state information, clinical trial design and results, and pharmacoeconomic studies, in order to understand implications for value to payers
- Ability to drive results in a highly fluid, interactive, matrixed environment and build strong, successful cross-functional partnerships
- Demonstrated ability to bring structure to vaguely defined problems, pragmatically scope problem solving approach, and manage execution
- Demonstrated ability to think and plan strategically, identify strategic options and trade-offs; strong analytical skills
- PharmD, Masters, or PhD in Health Economics, Outcomes Research, Health Services Research, or other related field, preferred
- Experience will be considered in lieu of education
- Biological sciences or clinical background necessary.
- 3-5 years of previous experience. Global experience preferred. Previous experience working in the consulting, academic, or payer setting may be considered.
- Experience developing global value dossiers, health economic models, patient-reported outcome strategy (regulatory and analytic), HTA value assessment, and observational research methods required.
- Knowledge of the evolving payer landscape and payer evidence requirements in the US and globally
- Biologic, Regenerative Medicine, Device experience preferred but not required
- Familiarity with health claims data
- Track record of peer-reviewed publications