Scientist in Dowstream Process for Viral Vector Development
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Our client is a leading global player in the Pharmaceutical industry with global headquarters in Basel, Switzerland. They are undergoing a transformation with respect to culture and outside perception. The organisation focusses on novel therapies in Oncology and Ophthalmology and is also currently developing a world-leading pipeline in Neuroscience and Dermatology with one of the strongest pipelines of Phase II/III studies in the world.
We are currently looking for a Downstream Process Scientist in Viral Vectors Development to be based in Basel for a 10 month contract position.
As an DSP Scientist , you will perform testing and other activities supporting the department.
- Plan, perform and document scientific experiments to contribute to project related scientific/technical activities (e.g., interpret and report results, generate and evaluate data, draw relevant conclusions, write reports).
- Utilize complex equipment (AKTA™ systems, Spectrum® KrosFlo® Research 2i TFF System...). Schedule maintenance and qualification of instruments.
- Communicate and address issues. Provide input on deviations and unexpected results from experiments. Perform safety and literature searches.
- Provide efficient and robust downstream processes for the manufacture of DS.
- Generate scientific documents to hand over to internal and/or external partners (e.g., TechOps, authorities, external companies) and support generation of international registration documents under adequate guidance from more experienced team members.
- Work according to appropriate standards as defined in Quality Manual, SOPs, ethical, health, safety, environment (HSE), and information security (ISEC) guidelines; lead initiatives to ensure proactive compliance and continuous improvement
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant working/residency permit or Swiss/EU-Citizenship required;
- Relevant Bachelor's / Master's degree in biochemistry, bioprocessing, bioengineering or equivalent
- At least 2 years experience in downstream processing of Lentiviral Vectors and/or viruses in an industrial environment.
- Advanced knowledge in purification principles (process characterization and scaling up) and technologies in the field of Cell and Gene Therapy and experience in Biosafety regulations, BL-1 and BL-2.
- GMP and GLP experience