Junior Health/Safety Spec - 1 year fixed term
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Junior Environmental Health & Safety Specialist - Athlone, Ireland - 1 year Fixed term.
We are vital links between an idea for a new medicine and the people who need it. We are the people of PPD — thousands of employees in locations worldwide connected by tenacity and passion for our purpose: to improve health . You will be joining a truly collaborative and winning culture as we strive to bend the time and cost curve of delivering life-saving therapies to patients.
Our GMP laboratory based in Athlone, Ireland offers fully integrated solutions for product development and analytical development, including analytical testing services in method development, method validation, method transfer, release and stability studies. Our highly qualified GMP lab staff work across our 3 laboratory groups: Biopharm, Small Molecule, and Inhalation.
The role of Assoc Environmental Health & safety is to learns all aspects of environmental, health and safety programs. Assists with ensuring safe practices and regulatory compliance in all assigned facilities. Supports products, programs, action plans and services within the department.
- Complete risk assessments through observation of tasks and use of existing templates. Risk assessments may be chemical, biological, ergonomic or task based.
- Assist with EHS training to different departments and with different EHS subject matter.
- Asist with the PPE programme and monitor use and supply of PPE.
- Ensure COVID 19 controls are in place, kept up to date and monitored.
- Practices and enforces good safety practices, supports queries, responds to and provides follow up -up to health, safety and environmental issues to site.
- Ensures that all Licensing, Permitting or other environmental health & safety requirements are met and ensured non - compliance issues are resolved.
- Assists with updating and maintaining EHS records for the facility.
- Updates site management with new or changes to regulations and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Ensures safe removal of hazardous / biological waste from site on a regular basis.
- Assists with regular site walk-down and assessments of site and conducts employee health / hazard exposure monitoring.
- Assists with inspections, audits and regular fire drills, controlled substances training etc
Experience and Qualifications:
- Education to a bachelor's or higher level in Environmental Health & safety or related subjects.
- Basic knowledge of laboratory and hazardous waste regulations including chemical and biohazard storage and disposal.
- The ability to plan, schedule and carry out work for successful project completion.
- A positive attitude and ability to work well with others
- Excellent attention to detail
- Be able to communicate effectively and follow detailed written and verbal instruction
As well as being rewarded a competitive salary, we have an extensive benefits package based around the health and well-being of our employees. We have a flexible working culture , where PPD truly value a work-life balance. We've grown sustainably year on year but continue to offer a collaborative environment, with teams of colleagues eager to share expertise and have fun together. We are a global organisation but with a local feel.
- Pension scheme
- Annual Leave 25 days
- Medical Health care cover
- Life Insurance
We have a strong will to win - We earn our customer's trust - We are gamechangers - We do the right thing -We are one PPD -
If you resonate with our five principles above, and ultimately wish to accelerate the delivery of safe and effective therapeutics for some of the world's most urgent health needs, then please submit your application - we'd love to hear from you. 1
As we are likely to receive many applications, sometimes we are unable to provide feedback to everyone.