Clinical Outsourcing Consultant - 1 year contract / Remote
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
CLINICAL OUTSOURCING CONSULTANT
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Vendor selection leadership: Lead cross-functional teams. Lead the vendor selection process including project priorities and timelines by preparing RFP packages including detailed specifications for contract activities, reflecting country-specific issues, reviewing and providing cost comparisons for all received proposals, organizing and chairing vendor presentations, and driving the project team decision-making process.
- Contract preparation and negotiations: Prepare the contract document, using the appropriate template and incorporate updated project information. Ensure that the final contract covers vendor activities necessary to fully support the project and that interests are safeguarded as well as requirements are reflected. Manage the contract execution process according to company requirements. Negotiate contract terms in liaison with legal and finance department, as applicable. Lead competitive bidding and budget negotiations, perform benchmarking as appropriate. Manage all changes to service scope ensuring timely change order finalization.
- Change Orders: and implementation.
- Contract Performance: Monitor contract performance and provide issue escalation support. Maintain contracts in a database. Review project metrics and take appropriate action.
- Vendor relationship management: Manage vendor relationships, organize and chair project review meetings.
- Site Budget and Agreements: Manage the preparation, negotiation, review and approval of investigational site budgets and agreement terms for clinical studies.
- Study Team Involvement: Participate in study teams as representative of outsourcing function. Support study managers in budget planning and forecasting.
- Compliance: Throughout all sourcing activities, ensure inspection-readiness and compliance with relevant industry standards.
- Process and Template Development: Support development and up-dating of sourcing processes and tools, including contract templates. Participate in corporate initiatives.
- Business intelligence: Monitor vendor markets and sourcing environment to keep current on providers and industry trends. Look for best practices and continuous improvement opportunities, stay up to date on relevant local regulations.
- During all stages of activities, interact with internal customers, legal and finance departments and other functions as appropriate.
- Degree in scientific, economic, or legal discipline, or equivalent
- 6+ years pharma-related experience or equivalent, including at least 3 years multinational pharma outsourcing experience
- Experience working with clinical research organizations and other clinical study vendors
- Good understanding of project management principles as well as sound knowledge of contract terms and conditions, benchmarking and market analysis.
- Must possess good organizational and interpersonal skills, as well as great attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with a strong track record in negotiating
- Must be able to relate effectively to people at all levels of the organization
- Active, delivery-oriented driver
- Excellent English language skills, additional languages are advantageous
Freelance / 1.0FTE – opportunity for permanent conversion
Attractive daily pay rate
Homebased anywhere in EU
ABOUT PLANET PHARMA
Planet Pharma is an American parented Employment Business/Agency that provides global staffing services with its head-quarters in Chicago and our EMEA regional office located in Central London. We have invested significantly in creating a robust international platform that enables us to work compliantly in 30+ countries with a current network of 2500+ active contractors globally as well as a very strong permanent / direct hire recruitment offering.
Our specialist knowledge and close relationships with our clients and the wider industry really makes us unique in our field. Just recently we were recognised by FORBES as the 17th best professional staffing firm, and have won multiple awards from industry accredited bodies for our commitment to excellence and service delivery. We have extensive functional expertise including: Regulatory Affairs, Pharmacovigilance, QA, QC, Submissions experts, Clinical development, Quality, Biostatistics, and Medical Affairs / Writing.
We are an equal opportunities Recruitment Business and Agency. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.