Key Account Director
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Key Account Director, Business Development
I am partnered with an exciting, global medical communications agency specialising in delivering innovative medical education and communication programs to some of the top businesses within the healthcare industry who are looking to on-board a Key Account Director to help gain new business and growth.
This position reports directly to the Group Director with a dotted line to the Managing Director.
The Key Account Director (Business Development team) will work actively to develop new business in the form of sales revenue and maintain and cultivate existing client relationships globally.
· Planning and executing individual sales targets identified by management by selling solutions to pharmaceutical companies globally (targeting big as well as mid to smaller size pharma)
· Updating CRM system to ensure accurate forecasting and reporting of business
· Actively developing new business through not only existing client leads but also through actively mapping and pursuing new pharmaceutical potential client contacts
· Have sense of when approval is needed from management such as for custom pricing, or custom adaptations of solutions or when expedited timelines are required
· · Demonstrate familiarity with competitors and ’s relative strengths and weaknesses in medical communications landscape, adjust sales proposals if needed
· Be able to recognize potential new growth areas for and discuss with management as appropriate
· Keep up to date with ABPI and all company compliance policies
· BS degree and scientific background desired
· Strong sense of personal responsibility, proactivity and ability to work to a target
· Previous sales experience and familiarity with sales tactics needed to develop new business (account mapping, familiarity with business development by email and phone or other methods), previous sales experience in a b2b sales setting for medical communications preferred
· Previous experience nurturing and maintaining client relationships (in a client services role) and in the medical communications landscape is preferred
· Willingness to travel
· Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), MS Project, email, and Internet, Including G-Suite
· Familiarity with ABPI code and compliance norms preferred
· Existing client pharma relationships desired
If you are interested in learning more about this opportunity, please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org or +44 1293 584 300