Director of Clinical Project Management (Small CRO - USA - Remote)
- Experience Level
Positon: Director of Clinical Project Management (Small CRO)
Location: USA – Home Based
Following a recent collaboration, we have been instructed to support our client with their US expansion. Due to this expansion, a new position has opened and the need has occurred to bring on board a seasoned leader to play a key role in the development of USA further. We are looking to on board a Director of Clinical Project Management.
The Director of Clinical Project Management will be accountable for the overall delivery and effective management of a portfolio of projects through the development of key control documents, start-up period, implementation, and study closeout. The Director, Project Management will be responsible for overseeing the project related activities of the assigned team members to ensure integration of service delivery across internal departments to provide the Sponsor with a seamless service experience. This position may also be responsible for mentoring of new team members, facilitating the development of team members, and performance management. The Director of Clinical Project Management will be responsible for day-to-day relationship management with key clients represented in their portfolio of business.
- Lead, direct, and be accountable for the overall performance and delivery of assigned portfolio
- Define project scope, goals, and deliverables that support project requirements and business goals in collaboration with Executive Management, Business Development and other members of the internal study team
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools
- Draft and review key project study governance documents
- Manage risks across projects within assigned portfolio
- Routinely track budget items and facilitate reconciliation for all services against scopes of work
- Communicate milestone billing completion to the Finance Department
- Responsible for study close-out and archiving systems
- Coordinate and communicate with clients and all other stakeholders (investigative sites, third party vendors, etc.) to ensure the alignment of planned objectives to activities
- Effectively communicate project expectations to study team members and sponsor/CRO/third party vendors in a timely and clear fashion
- Implement and maintain the project quality plan on projects assigned
- Maintain regular liaison with the client (sponsor/CRO) and document interactions with the same
- When required, work with Business Development to gain portfolio visibility of clients’ upcoming projects for early planning
- Support Business Development preparation for and attendance at bid defenses
- May have overall responsibility of management including direction, coordination, performance, and evaluation of the assigned team and staff.
- Responsibilities may include:
- hiring employees
- training employees
- planning, assigning, and directing work
- appraising performance
- rewarding and disciplining employees
- addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of 10 years combined project management and operational delivery experience including management of large complex projects.
- Minimum of 5 years of increasing leadership experience, with strong management organizational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills and ability to work with all levels of leadership, management and staff, both business and technical, as well as customers and vendors.
- Strong consultative, presentation, analytical and business communication skills (oral and written) required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills complemented by solid business and technical background, and keen interest in business operations, process improvement and change impact.
- Demonstrated experience in financial management principles as they relate to project management and operational delivery required.
- Experience working in high growth M&A environments required.
- Must be able to exercise sound judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions, be flexible, work with interruptions, work in stressful situations, and shift priorities of work as required.
- Must be able to plan and organize work effectively to meet established guidelines.
- Must have advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Ability to work with close attention to detail and to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information is required.
- Must be able to travel 10-15% of the time.
If you think you have matched the required skill set of the expectations and requirements above then do not hesitate to apply. This is the chance to really join and get yourself in with a global company and grow with an organization that has ambitious and solid plans for growth in 2019/20
If you are tired of being in a larger organization or not feeling fulfilled in your current role then do NOT miss out!
In order to apply, please contact Connor Grant at 646 415 8221 and email me at CGrant@barringtonjames
**Interviews are STARTING ASAP**