Senior Scientist - Discovery
- Experience Level
My client is a leading t-cell therapy provider in the UK who seek to deliver truly innovative, life-changing therapies for the patients. The vision as a company is to build a major global biopharmaceutical company bringing transformational and valued therapies for a range of autoimmune and inflammatory diseases, as well as preventing rejection in organ transplantation, based on modular engineered Tregs.
Senior Scientist – Discovery & New Technologies
My client is looking to expand our Discovery & New Technologies team by recruiting a Senior Scientist with a background in human immunology and synthetic biology. Senior Scientist will be responsible for designing, developing, and leading complex research assignments based on corporate priorities and goals as well as managing scientific activities across multiple projects and overseeing a team of Scientists and Research Associates. The successful candidate will have a passion for driving high-impact projects focused on the development of novel immune-therapeutics. The successful candidate will effectively and routinely collaborate with colleagues on different projects and regularly present scientific results to multidisciplinary teams and leadership.
- Manage and mentor a group of Research Associates and Scientists
- Design, develop and lead complex research assignments based on corporate priorities and goals
- Lead and perform scientific activities and problem-solve in a creative manner
- Lead and implement various projects collaborating with other departments
- Lead and support external collaborations as a subject matter expert
- Contribute to the external scientific visibility of the company through collaboration with industry partners
EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Extensive experience in synthetic biology and molecular immunology working in academia or industry.
- Demonstrable experience in molecular biology, gene therapy, immunotherapy and/or CAR/TCR technologies.
- Work independently or collaboratively as part of a team; manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and complete high-quality research projects.
- Contribute to a culture that embraces scientific excellence, integrity, urgency, patient centricity, and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrable early discovery experience and understanding of state-of-the-art assay technology platforms would be beneficial.
- Desirable experience writing grants, fellowships, research proposals or contributing to patent applications
- Ability to interpret complex data and implement new work methods.
- Previous experience of junior members supervisory or management.
TECHNICAL SKILLS REQUIRED
- PhD in Gene Therapy, Immunotherapy, Molecular Immunology, or related discipline.
- At least 5 years direct industry or academic experience in Treg-cell biology or equivalent experience.
- Good knowledge of gene modification techniques: viral vectors, gene editing desirable.
- Well versed in a wide array of relevant laboratory techniques and experienced in their use.
- Desirable immunology or Treg biology background.
- Publication record and/or experience of presenting scientific data would be beneficial.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively within a team, supporting one another and held accountable for project deliverables.
- Excellent team working and networking skills with experience of interacting effectively across
- interfaces of discipline, culture, and expertise
- Creative mindset and driven to solve problems pragmatically in an innovate way.
- Desire to work with integrity and act as an ambassador for the wider business.
- Holidays: 25 days per year
- Life Assurance: 4 x base salary
- Group Personal Pension: Auto enrolled at 4% employer contribution, 4% employee contribution
- Private Medical Insurance for your whole family
- Annual Bonus
- Fantastic collaborative environment at Translation & Innovation Hub
- £36 Million Investment including brand new lab equipment, innovative methods, and exposure to cutting edge technology
- Flexible working
- Fast paced and progressive company looking for future leaders and innovators
More searches like this
- R & D £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Biology £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Biotechnology £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Genetics and Genomics £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Scientific £40,000 - £59,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)