- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
- Excellent opportunity for an MSc Statistics (or equivalent) graduate to commence their career as a Biostatistician in the pharmaceutical industry working for Covance, a global CRO
- Start date September / October 2021
- Permanent office based role in Leeds, Yorkshire, UK
- Entry level role, full training will be provided
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- For candidates that perform well, excellent opportunities to progress
- At the time of starting their employment the successful candidate must have permission to work in the UK
Join our growing team and discover your extraordinary potential by working as a Covance Entry Level Biostatistician. Covance is seeking candidates who will have an MSc Statistics by 2021 and who will be able to start work in September / October 2021. In this role you will enjoy a varied role working for different sponsors across several therapeutic areas within phases I-IV. During the first year you will be trained by colleagues in early phase and during the second year you will be trained by colleagues in late phase. In the third year the business will place you either in the early phase or late phase team dependant on the business needs.
The position offers a strong support network and the opportunity to progress your career. The role comes with a competitive salary and benefits package. This is an office-based role in Leeds, Yorkshire, UK. If you are looking to commence your career in Statistics within clinical trials, then this is a fantastic opportunity. This really is an incredibly exciting time to be joining Covance as we continue to grow and expand.
Job Primary Functions
- For Clinical Pharmacology studies, perform role of Lead Biostatistician
- For Clinical Pharmacology studies, maintain awareness of project budgets and tasks
- Assist in the preparation of Statistical Analysis Plans (including mock TFL shells) for studies under the supervision of senior statistical staff
- Perform statistical analysis under the direction of senior statistical staff for simple and medium complexity studies
- Conduct TFL review under the supervision of senior statistical staff
- Generation of randomization schedules from provided specifications under the supervision of senior statistical staff
- Master's degree, equivalent, or higher in Biostatistics or related field (by September 2021)
- Ability to program in one or more statistical software packages (SAS® preferred) used to conduct statistical analyses
- Ability to effectively communicate statistical concepts
- You must be fluent in English language (both verbal and written)
PLEASE NOTE CANDIDATES WHO DO NOT FULFIL THE CRITERIA MAY NOT RECEIVE A RESPONSE
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
MORE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON REQUEST
For a confidential discussion about this opportunity, please phone Peter Lewis on +44 (0) 1628 543 457 . To apply, please click on the APPLY button.
MSc Statistics, postgrad, postgraduate, graduate, entry level, Biostatistics, Statistician, Biostatistician, Statistics, Medical Statistician, MSc Statistics, Statistical Analysis Plans, Statistical Programmer, Covance, Statistical programming, Early Phase, Phase 1, Phase I, Phase One, Phase II, Phases 2, Phase Two, Programmer Analyst, Stats Programmer, SAS Programmer, CDISC, ADaM, SDTM, pharma, pharmaceutical, CRO, Contract Research Organisation, SAS, STAT, office based, office-based, United Kingdom, UK, Great Britain, England, Leeds, West Yorkshire, Bradford, Huddersfield, Manchester, Sheffield, University of Leicester, Lancaster University, University of Leeds, The University of Sheffield, Medical Statistics MSc, Statistics MSc.