Global Pharma Data Analyst
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Data Services is a centre of expertise providing key input to the development and support of global data offerings such as MIDAS, OTCims, Pricing Insights, etc. These offerings are key commercial analytical tools for IQVIA headquarter clients.
Expertise provided is focused on data content and includes subject matter knowledge of pharmaceuticals/ pharmaceutical industry and/or related areas, as well as detailed knowledge of the global offerings.
Along with other Senior Data Analysts, this role will provide expert data analysis, guidance and support in data enhancements and in providing answers to client and internal questions on data in global offerings.
- Provide expert guidance, advice and analysis in projects and activities to enhance data in IQVIA global offerings such as MIDAS
- Carry out data analyses as input to new data or enhancing existing data
- Investigate and provide input to keeping data business rules and definitions up to date
- Provide guidance on interpretation of data business rules to a wide variety of internal teams
- Participate in specific data quality activities to ensure accurate and relevant global data
- Provide expert guidance, advice and analysis on the use and interpretation of global data in IQVIA global offerings:
- Support of questions originating from: external clients, internal commercial teams, internal users of global offerings, internal development and data teams
- Interpretation of questions to rapidly assess their nature, for example incorrect data, misinterpretation of data, timing/data update issue, etc
- Analysis of questions to work out the optimal way to address using a wide variety of internal and external data tools
- Investigation and interpretation of results to identify answers/explanations
- Provision of answers providing guidance and interpretation (suitable for external clients)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Graduate – Biomedical Scientist, Pharmacist or equivalent subject expertise
- Relevant pharmacy, pharmaceutical industry, pharmaceutical information experience/knowledge required
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
- In depth understanding of IQVIA internal data processes, terminology and systems, or the capability to quickly gain this knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent English both verbal and written; the business language and documentation is in English and detailed guidance and responses to clients/internal teams are in English
- Proven strong analytical and problem-solving skills of often complex processes; confidence to challenge experts
- Organised, methodical, and process-oriented
- Proactive, quick thinking and accountable
- Ability to respond quickly to a wide variety of queries, where sometimes there is no clear answer or supporting documentation
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively
- Ability to apply experience gained in one activity to other similar activities
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.