Account Management Associate Director, Publications / Medical Information
- Experience Level
IQVIA's Medical and Patient Communications group is a full service Medical Communications agency, operating a suite of end to end Communications services for Pharma, Med Tech and Biotech clients.
As part of an exciting growth plan, a role has been created for an Account Management Associate Director, to sit within our 10-strong Account Management team. Reporting to our Head of Account Management, the key objective of this role is to work with our Account Management Director Scientific Communications, to establish and account manage a portfolio of projects and programmes within our growing Scientific Communications practice, specifically related to Medical Affairs services including publications and Medical Information content.
A Publications / Medical Information subject matter expert, you will add this specialist experience to our skills mix, and will have experience selling and delivering these services, in addition to strong account management skills. You will have an exciting opportunity to shape the strategy for the growth of our Scientific Communications practice area, integrating this new capability into IQVIA's wider raft of services for Medical Affairs customers, mining opportunities for new engagements, and leading our strategic and delivery teams to execute projects and programmes.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Support our Scientific Communications Account Management Director in growing our Publications and Medical Information content businesses, introducing these capabilities and services to existing clients and assisting in the development of a new portfolio of customers, developing an effective growth strategy
- Provide senior level subject matter expertise to shape our offerings, forming strategic relationships with senior-level customer contacts and senior leaders across IQVIA, resulting in new integrated solutions, business opportunities and expanded partnerships
- Support the achievement of growth targets for our Scientific Communications practice, specifically adding Publications and Medical Information growth to the service line, developing and implementing robust account growth plans and identifying and pursing opportunities for growth
- Lead delivery of successful customer accounts, leading programme strategy with support from our Medical Strategists, and leading delivery team to achieve strong customer relationships and high quality delivery
- Responsible for contracting and financial management of accounts and new business opportunities
- Responsible for leadership of business proposals, coordinating the right team members to contribute and liaising with client programme and procurement teams throughout; and for leading client presentations to pitch and refine opportunities
- Work with wider IQVIA colleagues including Real World Evidence, Medical Information and Medical Field Teams, to harmonise IQVIA footprint with key clients and offer improved and integrated solutions
- Maintain strong industry profile, introducing IQVIA thought leadership to the industry, and form relationships with senior client and industry decision makers on behalf of IQVIA, to generate new business opportunities
- Through a deep understanding of customer strategy, identify opportunities to introduce other Medical and Patient Communications, and wider IQVIA services to the customer
- Excellent understanding of biopharmaceutical lifecycle strategy as it pertains to Scientific and wider Medical Communications
- Proven expertise in developing, selling and delivering Publications and / or Medical Information content services in an agency setting
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer literacy, organizational, communication, and problem-solving skills
- Proven ability to collaborate and work effectively through others in a global environment to deliver results
- Effective leadership skills in a matrix environment with proven people management skills
- Demonstrated track record of proactive risk management, using key metrics and performance data
- Good strategic thinking ability and ability to apply organizationally
- Excellent customer service skills
- Strong Negotiation skills
- Demonstrated track record of good judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.