Maintenance Technician - Manufacturing
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
International Pharmaceutical Manufacturer requires a Multi Skilled Technician - Production
About the role:
Maintenance, calibration and repair of various production equipment. Work to GMP and GxP standards at all times. (FDA, MHRA, and other regulatory bodies as required.)
Duties may include:
- Maintain, calibrate, repair, set-up of production equipment ensuring continual improvement with due regard to all relevant guidelines and practices detailed below.
- Install, commission, and develop complex pharmaceutical equipment.
- Maintain documentary records relevant to all aspects of the job, both electronic and manual systems.
- Maintain and use GMP documentation for all aspects of the job as expected within a pharmaceutical environment.
- Drive continuous improvement to all engineering processes and procedures through knowledge, innovation and teamwork.
- Provide a calibration service which is in accordance with company procedures and all manufacturing operations.
- Assist with Installation, Operational, and Process Qualification processes for new and existing equipment.
- Carry out autonomous maintenance activities as required.
- Drive and deliver safe working practices in accordance with current legislation and company requirements.
- Act with due regard of current environmental legal requirements and company requirements.
- Ensure that all statutory engineering tasks are carried out in accordance with both legal and company requirements and recorded accordingly.
- Ensure all activities are carried out within the Right First-Time principle.
- Make decisions relating to the successful completion of each task in hand, including - but not limited to ; Root cause identification, Technical specifications, Operational requirements, Maintenance planning and scheduling.
- Ensure that parts and equipment comply with the required quality standards within the pharmaceutical and GMP environment.
- Make technical decisions relating to engineering tasks and their impact on Operations, seeking guidance where necessary.
- Decide on individual work priorities within managerial guidelines.
- Ensure that Health and Safety policies, standard Operating Procedures and National guidelines are adhered to at all times
- Flexibility is required in the performance of reasonable work needed by the company which may not be detailed in this job description.
- Other duties within the general scope of the post may be required from time to time. Changes will be discussed before implementation.
Skills and experience:
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to perform Engineering and Maintenance activities to a high standard on Pharmaceutical and associated equipment including:
- Filling lines
- Packaging lines
- Dry Heat sterilizers
- Ability to lead and generate innovation and processes improvements
- Ability to work well in teams and a matrix driven environment
- Lead and participate in Continuous Improvement teams
- Participate in multiple project activities
- Ability to follow processes and work instructions accurately
- GMP training and experience
- Experience of working in a pharmaceutical, Food process, FMCG environment including:
- Packaging lines
- Dry heat sterilizers
- Ultra-filtration systems
- Working and participating within a highly driven safety culture
- Working within and knowledge of QA driven systems
- Working knowledge on the following:
- Clean steam
- Pure water
- HEPA systems
- B&S equipment
- HNC or equivalent formal qualification in main discipline
- Formal qualification in at least one other engineering discipline
- Technical degree
- IOSH / NEBOSH accreditation
- Evidence of CPD