Microbiology Expert, Microbiologist
6 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Microbiology Expert, Microbiologist
At i-Pham Consulting, we are collaborating with a global manufacturing company in the life science industry that is looking to hire an expert in microbiology to join their QC team in Wales.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a microbiologist who wants to play a key role in an established company while representing them in a consultative fashion with established biopharmaceutical clients.
Ideal for a person who:
- Wants to be part of an established life sciences industry leader
- Would enjoy a varied role with professional growth opportunities
- Working for a multinational company that produces products to prevent the spread of Covid-19
- Provide timely, highly accurate microbiological analysis on raw materials and products to assure that clients technical criteria are met (Sterility testing, Endotoxin testing, Bioburden testing of water, water sampling etc)
- Assistant QC and QA, participate in lab investigations
- Participate in audits, initiatives, and projects that may be departmental or organizational in scope.
- Take the initiative to identify and drive improvements and ensuring that all technical documentation is written and stored correctly
- Troubleshoot, solve problems and communicate with stakeholders.
- Communicate internally and externally in an efficient way
NB This is a technical role in microbiology, the person hired will not be involved in commercial activity. The successful candidate will occasionally communicate with the clients to understand technical requirements.
- Perform analytical testing as the main priority with efficiency and accuracy
* With a high degree of technical flexibility, work across diverse areas within the lab
* Plan and perform multiple, complex routine/ non-routine methods and procedures and a large variety of assays.
* Report, evaluate, back-up/archive, trend and approve analytical data.
* Initiate and/or implement changes in controlled documents.
* Write protocols and perform assay validation and equipment qualification/verification.
* Evaluate lab practices for compliance and operational excellence improvement on a continuous basis.
* Approve lab results
- Bachelor's degree Microbiology or Medical Science with focus on Microbiology
- 2-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Technically strong background in microbiology in an aseptic manufacturing company or an organisation
- Capable of working to deadlines and prioritize multiple tasks with flexibility to change based on priority.
- Good written and communication skills
- Attention to details
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical Quality department in clean room/sterile environment.
- Previous or Current Experience in a customer facing role
- Deep understanding and proven application of cGMP regulations and international guidelines in a sterile/clean room area.
- Experience in a wide variety of microbiological techniques, including but not limited to Bioburden, Endotoxin, Sterility (in an Isolator), Environmental Monitoring, Rapid Micro techniques, Microbial Identification, Media prep, Water Sampling.
- Health Insurance
- Company Bonus, based on manufacturing performance
- Personal Bonus, based on personal merits
- Training and Professional Development
- The company encourage the international growth and visit the HQs (not mandatory)
- The company is in a lovely quiet area and has modern facilities and labs
About i-Pharm Consulting
i-Pharm Consulting is a specialist Recruitment Company servicing the Pharmaceutical industry in the UK and Europe. We provide permanent and contract staff to a wide range of Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Biotechnology and Contract Research Organisations (CROs).
If you would like to discuss this vacancy further, please contact Alessandra Gheza.
Tel. +44 (0)2031890464
If this role is not suitable, Alessandra is also available to discuss other possible positions or answer any general questions regarding your career and the current market.
Apply for Microbiology Expert, Microbiologist
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly