- Experience Level
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Qualified Person to join Porton Biopharma, a leading biopharmaceuticals company located on the historic Porton Down site, in the picturesque countryside of Salisbury, Wiltshire.
Porton Biopharma Limited (PBL) is a limited liability company, established in 2015, to commercialise pharmaceutical development and manufacturing capabilities. Our mission is to protect patients’ health through the quality-assured development and production of biopharmaceuticals. We develop new vaccines, therapeutic proteins and enzyme products, and manufacture our own licensed biopharmaceutical products, Erwinase® and the UK’s Anthrax Vaccine.
We offer specialist expertise in the development of both manufacturing and analytical processes for use with biological pharmaceutical products. Particularly in taking concepts from the research laboratory and progressing them through the various stages of scale-up and process development to manufactured product for licensed supply or clinical trial.
Our employees join us safe in the knowledge that their skills and experience are contributing to a valuable purpose. This is an excellent environment for the right person to build their biopharmaceutical career.
The Qualified will be in receipt of a competitive benefits package, including:
- 30 days of holiday, plus 8 bank holidays;
- On the job training, and genuine opportunities for growth and advancement;
- Generous pension scheme;
- Access to online discounts;
- A work environment based in the beautiful Salisbury countryside, with free on-site parking; easy access to London and the south coast
- Onsite canteen.
- Onsite nursery
The successful candidate will be joining the Quality Assurance Division who are responsible The QP group acts independently to the rest of the QA unit and ensures best practices are used across the site for the manufacture of Quality, safe and efficacious products.
- Release of safe and efficacious products manufactured to the required quality standard
- The enhancement of PBL’s reputation with the private sector and others
- A reduction in regulatory hurdles in the application of new technologies
- A well-trained workforce
- The delivery of the strategic direction and business objectives of PBL “business”, eg quality
- The targets and objectives agreed with line management
- Oversight and development for Quality Systems
- Have current right to work in the UK;
- Eligible QP as per directive 2001/83/EU
- Extensive QA experience within the medicinal products/pharmaceutical industry
- Leadership qualities including inspiring change, drive for results, collaborative working and personal improvement.
- Willingness to travel and represent the business oversees
For this unique opportunity to join our team and develop your biopharmaceutical career experience, please submit your CV and a covering letter. You should outline the skills and experience you have, which are relevant to the post for which you are applying. For more guidance on role requirements, please visit our website, portonbiopharma.com/careers, to download the Job Description.
PBL is an equal opportunities employer, celebrating and encouraging diversity of applications.
Porton Biopharma Ltd is committed to the fair and transparent processing of applicant data. To enable the Company to assess suitability for advertised roles, we will collect the following data: name and contact details, previous work experience and history, qualifications, education, right to work in the UK eligibility, present salary and equal opportunities. The Company reserves the right to collect this data under article 6(1)(B) of the GDPR.
Applicants applying for this role will have their data collected and held securely, and confidentially within Company IT systems which are compliant with GDPR. Data will be shared with the HR department, recruiting managers and recruiting panel.
The Company will hold applicant data on file for 12-months post the vacancy being successfully filled. Candidates are welcome to request that their personal data is removed prior to this date, and should contact recruitment@portonbiopharma if they wish to exercise this right. The Company complies with all data subject rights as outlined on the ICO Website. For more information, please refer to our privacy notice: https://www.portonbiopharma.com/privacy-policy/.