Fermentation Development Lead
- Experience Level
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Fermentation Development Lead to join Porton Biopharma, a leading biopharmaceuticals company located on the historic Porton Down site, in the picturesque countryside of Salisbury, Wiltshire.
Porton Biopharma Limited (PBL) is a limited liability company, established in 2015, to commercialise pharmaceutical development and manufacturing capabilities. Our mission is to protect patients’ health through the quality-assured development and production of biopharmaceuticals. We develop new vaccines, therapeutic proteins and enzyme products, and manufacture our own licensed biopharmaceutical products, Erwinase® and the UK’s Anthrax Vaccine.
We offer specialist expertise in the development of both manufacturing and analytical processes for use with biological pharmaceutical products. Particularly in taking concepts from the research laboratory and progressing them through the various stages of scale-up and process development to manufactured product for licensed supply or clinical trial.
Our employees join us safe in the knowledge that their skills and experience are contributing to a valuable purpose. This is an excellent environment for the right person to build their biopharmaceutical career.
The Fermentation Development Lead will be in receipt of a competitive benefits package, including:
- 30 days of holiday, plus 8 bank holidays;
- On the job training, and genuine opportunities for growth and advancement;
- Generous pension scheme;
- Access to online discounts;
- A work environment based in the beautiful Salisbury countryside, with free on-site parking and easy access to London and the south coast;
- Onsite canteen;
- Onsite nursery.
The successful candidate will be joining the Development division, who are responsible for developing manufacturing processes and associated analytical methods for use in the cGMP production of bio-therapeutics. Projects may comprise the development of new, as well as the improvement, of existing commercial processes. This role will close on the 11th December 2020.
As a Fermentation Development Lead for Porton Biopharma, the post holder will provide scientific and technical specialism to projects involved in the development of microbial fermentation processes as well as be responsible for line management and training of staff.
- Be accountable to the Head of Fermentation Development for leading key fermentation development projects;
- Provide expert scientific and technical specialism to fermentation/ upstream process development projects involved in the improvement of existing and development and manufacture of new biopharmaceutical products;
- Develop improved strategies for microbial fermentation processes using scale down models, media development, strain development and scale-up;
- Plan and conduct lab scale up to pilot scale fermentation experiments employing DOE strategies;
- Take responsibility for the initiation and implementation of research and development activities for new projects within the area of expertise;
- Provide reports, project proposals, presentations, publications, monitor and report progress against agreed timelines;
- Critically review technical documents;
- Play a key role in the technology transfer activities;
- Be responsible for the line management of junior staff including scientific management, performance management, supervision and training.
- Have current right to work in the UK;
- Hold a higher degree in a relevant scientific discipline - MSc or equivalent;
- Several years of relevant laboratory experience: fermentation processes and media development (small scale to pilot scale), strain development, scale-up, DOE;
- Experience of working within a commercial bio-pharmaceutical environment;
- Experience in line management of staff and proven ability to lead teams and projects;
- Technical writing of project plans, protocols, scientific publications, project reports etc;
- Working to a Quality/safety system (i.e. ISO);
- Proven oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to work in project teams and to plan own and others work and delivery of project milestones to agreed timescales.
For this unique opportunity to join our team and develop your biopharmaceutical career experience, please submit your CV and a covering letter. You should outline the skills and experience you have, which are relevant to the post for which you are applying. For more guidance on role requirements, please visit our website, portonbiopharma.com/careers, to download the Job Description.
PBL is an equal opportunities employer, celebrating and encouraging diversity of applications.
Porton Biopharma Ltd is committed to the fair and transparent processing of applicant data. To enable the Company to assess suitability for advertised roles, we will collect the following data: name and contact details, previous work experience and history, qualifications, education, right to work in the UK eligibility, present salary and equal opportunities. The Company reserves the right to collect this data under article 6(1)(B) of the GDPR.
Applicants applying for this role will have their data collected and held securely, and confidentially within Company IT systems which are compliant with GDPR. Data will be shared with the HR department, recruiting managers and recruiting panel.
The Company will hold applicant data on file for 12-months post the vacancy being successfully filled. Candidates are welcome to request that their personal data is removed prior to this date, and should contact recruitment@portonbiopharma if they wish to exercise this right. The Company complies with all data subject rights as outlined on the ICO Website. For more information, please refer to our privacy notice: https://www.portonbiopharma.com/privacy-policy/.
Apply for Fermentation Development Lead
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Clinical Research £30,000 - £39,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in United Kingdom
- Clinical Development £30,000 - £39,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in United Kingdom
- Sales / Commercial £30,000 - £39,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in United Kingdom
- Business Development £30,000 - £39,999 Full Time Permanent jobs in United Kingdom