Junior Graphic Designer
- Experience Level
- Entry level
Exciting opportunity for a talented and ambitious designer/ presentation specialist to join a growing team and make their mark working across a wide range of global communications. We are seeking an experienced designer to become a key member of our Medical and Patient Communication (MPC) team, which sits within IQVIA™ The Human Data Science Company™.
We are looking for an enthusiastic team player with sound design ability, in print, presentation and digital areas, ideally developed in a medical communications agency environment. You will be a member of our studio team working closely with editors, writers, account, and project management colleagues on projects such as PowerPoint presentations, scientific posters, figure redraws, e-learning modules, congress meeting materials, websites, storyboards, videos, promotional materials, patient support programmes, new business pitches and proposal materials. We are seeking an individual who will help to ensure optimum professional and patient communication is achieved through technical excellence and effective visual design. This an exciting opportunity to work on projects across the UK, Europe and the US.
- As appropriate, develop designs and layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts as directed by the Senior Graphic Design or Manager, Graphic Design.
- Lay out product illustrations, printed collateral, company branding and logos, Internet Web sites, and presentation materials as required by the senior creative staff.
- Create illustrations including technical graphics, line art, forms, flow charts, screens and reports using design applications as required by the senior creative staff. Create figures from supplied scientific data tables.
- Collaborate with other designers, production, departments, stakeholders, printers, and copywriter to develop the final deliverable for senior creative staff approval. Attend project status/priority meetings as appropriate.
- With some guidance, deliver projects in accordance with budgeted hours and agreed deadlines. Assist in the development and implementation of production schedules. Monitor creative items to ensure they are of the highest quality for agreed specification and budget.
- Check all proof stages from initial layouts to colour printers' proofs. Prepare files for electronic release/printing and review press proofs.
- Maintain archives of graphic files, layouts, and client-related logos.
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies in new media, particularly design programs and other industry-related developments.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Cross-platform experience preferred (MAC/PC).
- Demonstrable experience and expertise in PowerPoint
- Demonstrable experience using current Adobe Suite applications (InDesign/Photoshop/Illustrator), Acrobat, Quark, Suitcase Fusion.
- Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office, and Internet).
- Good layout and typesetting skills and knowledge of design and print production processes.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Excellent eye for detail.
- Ability to work both within a team environment and independently to prioritise tasks.
- Ability to maintain demanding timelines.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders.
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.