Production Outage and Shutdown Lead
- Experience Level
International Pharmaceutical Manufacturer requires an experienced Production Outage and Shutdown Lead.
About the role:
To lead the site outage and shutdown programmes end to end, including developing the scope, identification and risk management, planning, execution, functional testing and reinstatement within the agreed S&OP timeframe. To compile the lessons learned and include improvements into future planned downtime. In addition to annual maintenance the individual shall understand regulatory commitments, capital project investments, safety, operational, engineering improvements and liaise with stakeholders to agree the scope.
Duties may include:
- Lead the manufacturing downtime scope development to include safety, compliance, reliability and capacity improvements in line with mission ownership and the Long Range Plan
- Be responsible for planning outages and shutdown alongside the engineering and manufacturing planning group
- Lead governance sessions for the operational leadership team in the run up to the outage
- Lead clash detection and constructability reviews of the working plan to ensure any foreseen clashes are mitigated
- Lead all activities from hand over to engineering through to full restart of production (including functional testing, reinstatement and any broth activities)
- Facilitate multi-functional teams to determine High Risks utilising Red/Blue analysis or similar. Provide contingencies for the High Risks identified
- Lead daily operational coordination sessions to ensure the teams are on plan and production restarts right first time, on time.
- Manage risk during the outages and shutdown by gathering together cross functional teams to resolve challenges.
- Ensure standards are adhered to during outages and shutdowns by contractors and
- Capture and analyse opportunities and improvements from each outage or shutdown from across the business
- Be flexible and be able to support activities across the weekend during the outages and shutdown
- Be responsible for preparing the Capital Expenditure budget and delivering the assigned project as per the budget. This will be supported by the Capital Projects team to guide the development of the cost and the governance around the use of Capital Expenditure.
- Develop the financial allocations of any funding received with the Financial Business Partner.
- Manage the bidding process for any shutdown team requirements.
- In partnership with procurement lead the development of Contracts with Third Parties, to deliver shutdown services required. Develop and implement a communications plan and escalation route.
- Manage the different reporting strategies across the programme.
- Control the scope of work through an implemented change management process within the project that allows for timely decisions to be made on scope addition/reduction.
- Design a cohesive and detailed schedule for pre shutdown, postshutdown and shutdowns ie. Projects, reactive and planned maintenance, validation etc.
- Assess and manage workscopes to ensure that the implementation complies with the HSE and Quality requirements.
- Develop all Clean Construction Strategies.
Skills and experience:
- Minimum HNC/BTEC or equivalent
- An appreciation of CDM regulations
- Minimum 5 years production or engineering experience in a cGMP Manufacturing
- Enthusiasm, natural persistence and an attention to detail
- An ability to influence key stakeholders to agree decisions in a timeframe that aligns with the plan.
- Self-motivated and able to work effectively with minimal direction
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with direct team, peers and functional leads across the business
- An ability to see the big picture, recognise the challenges and manage to an agreed solution
- Two or more years of direct people management experience
- Strong understanding of manufacturing processes and equipment with an ability to understand the programme impact of a delay or event during the plan execution or reinstatement
- Be able to build effective internal and external relationships and be able to influence individuals across a variety of functions without a direct reporting relationship
Apply for Production Outage and Shutdown Lead
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly