Cloud Infrastructure Architect
3 days left
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Join us as a Cloud Infrastructure Architect...
At AstraZeneca, we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being ambitious, thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're passionate about the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we believe we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
We have a new opportunity to join our Global Infrastructure Services (GIS) team based in Shanghai.
AstraZeneca IT's Global Infrastructure Services (GIS) team delivers public and private Cloud services to internal customers. These services range from Cloud Advisory, Automation, Architecture through to Delivery.
Within GIS, the cloud architecture team is responsible for all public cloud architecture development and approval.
- Work with Architecture and Engineering teams to build these new services.
- Work with GIS colleagues to understand technology roadmaps, influencing them where meaningful to align to customer requirements.
- Provide solutioning input to projects, act as a resource where required, deliver infrastructure designs where needed.
- Ensure that architecture decisions support the business and IT strategy, delivering robust, stable platforms with low TCO.
- Ensure that the definition of new architectures deliver value for money to the business and align to their business requirements
- Ensures that projects are delivered to appropriate infrastructure services standards. Responsible for working closely with Strategic Architects, Strategy Leads and other consultative organisations to align the destination architecture for the relevant service components
- Drive the use of technology standards and Catalogue items to drive down TCO and improve speed of delivery.
Essential skills and experience
This role would suit someone with more than 5 years experience working within architecture design and delivery with a demonstrable track record. Ideally, you'll possess this track record in delivering Automated Cloud services in an agile manner to a fast moving and demanding customer base.
We therefore believe you'll need to be a self-starter with high levels of drive, energy and resilience, and a desire for professional excellence.
To be successful, we believe you'll need strong and recent experience of Cloud Automation, ideally (but not limited to) the following technologies / vendor areas;
- Cloud Platforms: Amazon AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Containers/Microservices: Docker, Kubernetes
- Hypervisors: VMWare, Oracle VM, KVM, HyperV
- Operation Systems: Windows Server 2012/2016, RHEL/CentOS/ Ubuntu/SUSE Linux/OEL
- Middleware: TOMCAT, JBOSS, Oracle WebLogic, IIS, .Net, Glassfish.
- Big Data/Databases: MS SQL, MySQL, Oracle, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, MariaDB, Oracle RAC, Hadoop, RDS, Redshift, CosmosDB, MapReduce
- Storage: NetApp - AFF & SolidFire, Object (e.g S3, SwiftStack, StorageGrid), DataFabric (e.g. Flex Pool, Cloud Sync)
- Backup: Commvault.
- Automation: Jenkins, Python, Ansible, Saltstack, Morpheus, Terraform, APIs
- Knowledge of; Firewalls, Load balancers, VPN, Active Directory, DNS, Identity & Access Mgmt. Tools.
Our purpose is ambitious and so is our approach. Becoming a more agile and creative company means building a dynamic, inspiring culture where we celebrate diverse, ambitious thinking and act with a sense of urgency. We are courageous, taking risks and learning from both success and failure. We are curious, creative, and open to new ideas and ways of working. Above all, we are passionate about science and driven to always put patients first. Join us and be part of an outstanding place to work; an environment that energizes and empowers each of us to achieve our goal to develop and deliver medicines.
If you are interested, we welcome you to apply now!