Senior Biostatistician, United Kingdom remote
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Summary of Job Responsibilities:
- Provide statistical leadership and statistical expertise into clinical development plans, concept sheets and protocols for clinical development projects, represent Cytel and the statistical team on the Product Development Teams of sponsors.
- Lead statistical teams on clinical development projects, ensuring alignment of objectives and delivery of statistical output on time and meeting project requirements, coordinating all statistical aspects across clinical trials of each assigned project.
- Provide statistical input into study protocols, Case Report Forms, and data management plans, write statistical analysis plans, review or create analysis dataset specifications, and perform statistical analyses.
- Review and contribute to study reports and clinical and statistical sections of regulatory submission dossiers, lead electronic submissions of clinical data to regulatory authorities, and participate to meetings with regulatory authorities.
- When in the Lead Biostatistician role for a project: manage biostatisticians and statistical programmers with respect to statistical strategy, deliverables and processes.
- Generate the use of innovative statistical methodology approaches by identifying, adapting, developing or using optimal statistical research methodologies and techniques appropriate to each project, and contribute internally and externally to the development and visibility of the company and of the Clinical Services department through her/his expertise and customer orientation.
- Contribute to the development of sourcing strategy for projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum Education: Ph.D. or MS in Statistics, Biostatistics or related discipline.
- Minimum Work Requirements:
- At least 6 years of experience as biostatistician in the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry in clinical development.
- At least 3 years of experience as a Lead Biostatistician for clinical development projects.
- Knowledge of relevant international regulatory guidelines applicable to clinical development, and some experience of regulatory interactions and data e-submission to FDA.
- Fluent in English (French or German is a plus).
- Working SAS & CDISC knowledge.
- Works effectively in international teams, effectively operates within a matrix organization and with multi-disciplinary groups.
- Understands and anticipates customer needs and responds to their inquiries.
- Verbal and written communication is effective with multi-disciplinary groups.
- Work is well-organized, of high-quality, meeting timelines. Able to balance concurrent tasks and responsibilities.
- Excellent time management.
- Brings creative ideas and makes suggestions for optimization.
- Exhibits leadership for the biostatistics team working on the same clinical development teams.
- Exhibits the ability to mentor and develop statistical colleagues.
More searches like this
- Data Management / Statistics Unavailable - GBP Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Data Analyst Unavailable - GBP Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Biostatistics Unavailable - GBP Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- SAS Programming Unavailable - GBP Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Statistical Programming Unavailable - GBP Full Time Permanent jobs in London (Greater)