Senior Statistical Programmer II
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
Senior Statistical Programmer II (US remote or office based).
At ICON, it’s our people that set us apart. As a global provider of drug development solutions, our work is serious business. But that doesn’t mean you can’t have fun while you do it. With our vision to be the partner of choice in drug development, we hire only the best and brightest in the industry! Are you one of them?
As a Senior Statistical Programmer you will assist US statistical programming team by developing SAS programs for analysis datasets, listing and safety summary tables; provide project tracking information to the team, address any validation comments and document programming activities; work on more advanced, complex SAS requirements, across multiple studies, and act as a subject matter expert within the SAS programming team; mentor and help train other team members from juniors to Programmer II.
- Lead and manage the assigned programming team’s deliverables at the study and program level to ensure project objectives are met within budget, to agreed timelines and to the highest standard of quality.
- Plan for and implement effective resource planning, task allocation and tracking of workload in accordance with agreed KPIs and quality standards.
- Serve in a client-facing capacity that demonstrates the ability to anticipate client needs and implement innovative solutions, as appropriate.
- Develop and foster client relationships through effective project management and communication.
- Facilitate flow of information on study budgets and change order management in a timely and efficient manner.
- Liaise effectively with other ICON functions (e.g., DM, MW), as required during the life of the project.
- Participate in the review of in-progress audit findings and implement corrective actions, as required.
- Monitor programming activities in terms of added value and controlling costs, as required.
- Support Business Development activities, including participation in sponsor calls and meetings.
- Create and maintain analysis dataset specifications to a high standard of quality and accuracy.
What you need
- Bachelors degree, in a quantitative or scientific discipline, or local equivalent.
- A minimum of 5-8 years relevant experience of successfully performing the role of Statistical Programmer, preferably in the clinical research industry.
- Prior experience of leading a programming team to manage timelines, resources and overall quality in a client-facing capacity (project leadership track only)
- Advanced/expert-level (project leadership/technical track, respectively) working knowledge of data structures (e.g., CDISC SDTM, ADaM), software development lifecycle and their implementation
- Strong working knowledge of the types of risks associated with a study and the impact on key parameters, such as study timelines (project leadership track only).
- Advanced/expert-level (project leadership/technical track, respectively) working knowledge of the development and use of standard programs and macros.
- Strong/outstanding (project leadership/technical track, respectively) SAS programming skills
Why join us?
Ongoing development is vital to us, and as a Senior. Statistical Programmer you will have the opportunity to progress your career, with the potential to move into other related areas to enhance your skill set. Our benefits package is competitive, our scope is international and we genuinely care about our people and their success!
ICON is an equal opportunity employer and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
EOE race/color/religion/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/vet/national origin