Inside Sales Manager I
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
The statements below reflect the general responsibilities and requirements of the identified position but may not describe all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- Achieves annual sales plan and sales targets through transactional accounts on a global basis.
- Handles inbound client calls, qualifies clients and if appropriate grows client relationships at the appropriate levels.
- Collaborates effectively with account executives in business unit; brings potential opportunities to their attention.
- Transfers accounts and client information to Account Executives.
- Manages annual expense budget.
- Expands client requests upselling for business unit.
- Provides weekly sales activity reports to management.
- Develops client call cycle to achieve objectives and sales plan; follows up on leads.
- Provides general intelligence on key competitors.
- Sells the business unit's capabilities and differentiation frameworks via web meetings.
- Recognizes and communicates sales opportunities for other business units.
- Sets and manages customer expectations
- Collaborates with companywide resources to achieve superior customer satisfaction.
- Organizes and hosts client visits if required.
- Uses SFDC to manage internal communication and document territory and client information as required for the business unit.
- Responsible for Opportunity Management and accurate pipeline forecasting.
- Maintains frequent email and phone contact with clients.
- Periodic contact of all current clients for cross selling and new product information.
- Leverage Marketing, SMEs and Opp staff for leads and collateral to heighten clients' awareness of BU services; tap into thought leadership and share existing collateral including Websites, press releases, e-news, Eblast targets, New product releases.
- Co-calling on accounts with AEs to promote BU business; providing scientific/technical credibility.
- Evaluates quotations for territory and provides inputs to ensure client and company requirements are met.
- Collaborates effectively with sales executives from other Covance units to bring potential opportunities to their attention.
- Assists in determining margins and pricing with Client Services.
- Participates in proposal scope development as appropriate.
- Supports transactional clients.
- Leverage Social selling and outbound initiative including but not limited to Linked In, eblasts, and web conferences, Regional meetings, target account events, global trade shows in local venue, local symposia.
- Creating leads from literature and industry events including peer reviewed journals, poster/symposium presenters and attendee lists.
- Establishes, nurtures and grows client relationships at the appropriate levels.
- Bachelors degree in life science or business field preferred
- Moderate industry knowledge
- Functional scientific/technical expertise in specific area of drug development
Experience: Minimum Required:
- Sales (or relevant) experience selling services directly to the pharmaceutical and biotech section with direct interaction with mid-level and executive level decision makers