Casual Registered Nurse - Gladstone QLD
- Experience Level
- Experienced (non-manager)
IQVIA is looking for a Registered Nurse in the Gladstone QLD area to join one of its Home Nurse programs for patients with Short Bowel Syndrome Intestinal Failure. These patients have the opportunity to receive support in their home (or other suitable location) as indicated by their clinics.
- The Registered Nurse attends home visits to educate patient as to how to self-inject.
- They offer support as necessary – intense support in the first 4 weeks, followed by intermittent support depending on the response.
- The nurse is expected to ensure the patient understands how to self-inject, complete the patient diary, the importance of compliance, and ensuring the understanding of fluid balance, and PS weaning.
- The nurse may be asked to attend Clinic meetings.
- When patient is considered stable, phone visits may be required to keep in touch with the patient, assist with monitoring the patient’s diary, and support where necessary.
Training is provided
- RN (Current Registration)
- IM injection experience
- High attention to detail
- Current/ full/ unrestricted driver’s licence
- IT Proficient
- Flexible with time and day
- Gastroenterology experience
- Previous education experience
- Community Nursing Experience
Certificates and Paperwork Required:
- CPR (current)
- Police Check (< 3 years old)
- Working with Children Check (current)
- Current driver’s licence
- Proof of Identity (passport or birth certificate)
- Hand Hygiene Certificate (Training could be provided by us)
- Infection Prevention and Control Certificate (Training could be provided by us)
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible – to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.