Financial Controls Manager
- Experience Level
Do you pride yourself on your integrity? We do what’s right for our employees, patients and partners, and so can you.
Oxford Biomedica is a growing listed biotechnology development and manufacturing Group which has recently entered the FTSE250. The Group works with a large number of leading Pharmaceutical and Biotech companies including AstraZeneca on the manufacture of their Covid-19 vaccine.
We are currently recruiting for a new Financial Controls Manager who can lead all our Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR). This is a new role within the finance team to support and operate a best in class finance function. The individual will drive financial control framework documentation including policies, procedures, process flows and risk registers. They will be both the driver and gatekeeper of our best practice financial control environment on our journey to operating as a large international corporate,
Your responsibilities in this role would be:
- Accountable for the design and continual monitoring of the group’s financial control framework ensuring ICFR Compliance
- Ensure the risk control framework and key controls are resilient, proportionate and effective
- Assess, design, implement and embed financial controls
- Perform control testing, provide control guidance for remediation efforts and evaluate deficiencies.
- Report on the control environment and the results of control testing to the CFO/GFC & Audit Committee
- Provide subject matter expertise on the design and implementation of controls
- Lead investigations, reviews and make recommendations following audits.
- Lead the ongoing review and continuous improvement of controls across all of finance, and ensure these are in place for the preparation of the financial statements (internal and external reporting),
To be successful in this role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Degree in Finance of similar, or hold the equivalent level of work experience
- Qualified to CIA, ACCA or ACA or equivalent
- Significant experience in forming and developing financial frameworks and controls in a high growth businesses
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of financial controls, IT general controls, data interrogation techniques
- Experience in SOX, COSO frameworks is advantageous
- Demonstrable experience in designing ,deploying and testing risk based, commercially proportionate financial controls
- Good knowledge of ERP systems processes and transactions
- Track record of successful delivery of projects & change management initiatives
Do you want to feel inspired every day? We’re future-focused and our business is growing rapidly. We succeed together through passion, commitment and team work, and so can you.
Collaborate. Contribute. Change lives.
No Agencies Please.