Business Support Coordinator, Development Operations
- Experience Level
- Entry level
At AstraZeneca every one of our employees makes a difference to patient lives everyday.
Development Operations brings together all the skills groups to drive critical operational activities for early and late stage medicines development.
We have deep and specialist expertise in study and site management, data management, technical systems and processes, and in working with CROs and partner organisations to ensure the fast, efficient, ethical and quality delivery of our clinical trials in countries around the world.
We are nearly 2,500 people operating in more than 45 countries across the globe - partnering with the early and late Therapeutic Areas to meet the demands of extensive clinical trial programmes involving many thousands of patients.
Reporting to the Administration Team Leader, the Business Support Coordinator performs administrative responsibilities for members of the Development Operations function.
The Business Support Coordinator is pro-active and collaborative, working together with the other administrators in the function and possibly also more broadly within BioPharmaceuticals R&D.Your accountabilities:
- Provides administrative or secretarial services to the senior team, coordinating complex meetings and off-site events, diary arrangements and travel in line with AZ policy
- Work collaboratively with Global Colleagues to deliver a lean, consistent and professional global administration service, including knowledge sharing and trainings within the team
- Is an expert in using technology to efficiently complete administrative tasks and proposes technology based solutions
- Controls projects under general guidance ensuring delivery of project outputs according to plan, reviewing and refining plans as necessary
- Independently and pro-actively resolve issues and challenges, ensuring delivery of day-to-day administrative activities and programs
- Prepares documents, materials and official information releases and distributes to required stakeholders
- Plans, organizes, and schedules own workload, so that all activities are completed accurately and on time while using and developing best practices
- Proficient English skills, min. C1
- Significant administrative, secretarial or related experience
- Good communication and coordination skills
- Experience with a variety of virtual meeting technologies, information management software, and Microsoft products
- Ability to manage multiple projects/tasks/assignments simultaneously and effectively
- Demonstrated skills and ability in PC applications
- Strong customer service skills
- Independent follow-up on action items from meetings
- A high degree of personal credibility when interfacing with organizations internal and external to AZ
- Experience working in a fast-paced global environment
- General knowledge and understanding of company policies and procedures
- Experience of working in a pharma or healthcare environment
- Experience managing SPOL sites including creating and managing permission groups, creating new sites, and adding design elements
We look forward to your application! Please send it to us as soon as possible, but no later than January 20nd.
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law. AstraZeneca only employs individuals with the right to work in the country/ies where the role is advertised.