Head of Project Management Office
- Experience Level
- Senior Management
A fantastic new opportunity has been created for a highly innovative and data-driven Medical Technology company, currently undergoing considerable growth and success. This newly created role brings a high-level of accountability where you will be fully responsible for the leadership of their dynamic Project Management Office.
In accordance with their vision and strategy, my client is looking for someone who can set excellent project management standards and best practices across their dynamic start-up organisation. This would involve setting up the company’s PMO and having full autonomy to ensure the delivery of exciting projects. You can expect to lead project management teams for complex projects in data science, software engineering, machine learning and medical device development to name a few. You will also leverage excellent stakeholder management capabilities for Global Business Partners and Board Management.
This position would align completely with a professional who is keen to drive the ongoing success of the PMO, shape the future expansion of the department, and lead a dynamic team through important upcoming changes and continuing success of innovative projects.
- Set project management standards and best practices across the company by creating and establishing a successful PMO
- Management of project team with oversight of complex projects that span many disciplines, such as scientific research, data science, software engineering, machine learning, medical device development, and operations management. This would involve understanding software engineering practices (please see below) to ensure you can help the project team with queries wherever necessary
- Mentoring and growing the PMO team and ensuring that project management standards are understood and executed throughout the organisation
- You will ensure that all relevant stakeholders are continuously apprised of project status, risks, issues, and action plans across our portfolio
- Engage in board meetings to establish strategic plans concerning projects and setting objectives for the PMO
- You will grow the influence of the Project Management Office within the organization and make sure that company resources are allocated to deliver the highest value
- Identify the best practices to ensure harmonisation and standardisation across the organisation
You will bring to the role:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Biology, or a similar field, or equivalent professional experience
- 10 years’ experience in project and program management
- 5 years in a senior management/leadership role
- Experience in leading a PMO
- Experience managing large-scale projects across distributed teams
- Experience in the healthcare industry and development of medical devices
- Knowledge of genomics and digital image analysis would be a bonus
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices (Agile, Continuous Value Delivery, CI/CD, DevOps, NoOps, PaaS, IaaS, LEAN software, Service Oriented Architecture, cloud computing)
- Experience with IT service delivery
- Experience with delivering data science projects
- Excellent level of English
- PMP, ITIL, COBIT certifications
In return you will receive:
- Competitive remuneration package
- Lucrative bonus and corporate benefits bundle
- Excellent Opportunities to progress
Early applications are highly encouraged.
If you believe that this position aligns with your background, personality and motivations, please feel free to call Sophie at +44 1273 727 930 for further details or email your CV today at firstname.lastname@example.org
Sophie is a Search Consultant specialising in the markets of Europe, UK, USA and Africa.
This job advertisement is placed by Haybury AG, Teichgässlein 9. 4058 Basel, Switzerland. All preselected applications will be forwarded to Haybury AG and be processed by Haybury AG according to Swiss law.